Cruise Critic Community
beshears

Carnival Horizon deck 6 Ocean View/balconys

To say the least, I believe several of us of the 8 that are going, are getting MORE excited, now that I booked the cruise today for March of next year. 🙂They were wanting to "find out" their room to see where it is located, etc.

My question, for those of you who have had the Ocean view and balcony rooms, what are your pros/cons of this deck? If you want to mention anything about the two rooms I mention, that is fine also.  I didn't want a balcony, as I don't spend any time there, and it is a waste of money for me.  I did book 6205 at the end of the ship, and what I see, I believe I will like.  It looks like we can come right out of the room and go to the deck, and then hit the stairs right next to it, to go to deck 5. I know we will have further to walk, but I'm used to walk, and the 3 balcony's are midway on the ship.

We had 6206, same cabin location except Port VS Starboard. We were in it for 2 weeks on the TA from Barcelona to NYC.

Loved the cabin, & we always love being up front. FYI, only 2 closets in the cabin.

Enjoy!

I was on deck 6 in a balcony - had a good time and room was great.

Sailed Horizon in January.  Deck 6 midship balcony.  Close to mid bank of elevators, near everything.  Enjoyed every quiet moment on the balcony when needed.  Morning coffee, evening cocktail. 

We were above Ocean Plaza but far enough that we didn't hear the band late night.  That was my only concern when booking.  If you go to criusedeckplans.com, you'll see what I mean.

Have a great cruise.  :classic_biggrin:

For those of you who have responded, thank you for your compliments.  As you can guess, this will be a NEW adventure for us on this new ship.  I know their having some problems with the Skyride, and this will be a disappointment, but we'll be fine.

Thanks for the info on room 6206.  We may have a little more walking, but we'll be fine. As for the closets, we'll made do.  I don't know about everyone else, but a lot of people put their luggage in the closets, but I don't.  I put mine under the bed, so that gives us more room. 🙂