Cruise Critic Community
Tablelamp

GOOD DRESS SHOPS IN MANHATTAN

Could anybody tell me please where I could find some nice department stores, shopping malls, dress shops close to the cruise port in Manhattan.  Would it be a long way in a taxicab?

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

Could anybody tell me please where I could find some nice department stores, shopping malls, dress shops close to the cruise port in Manhattan.  Would it be a long way in a taxicab?

There aren't any real "malls" in Manhattan, but there is every kind of dress shop you might want.  Macy's and Bloomingdales are, of course, from NYC, and you will also find Nordstrom and everything else there, too.

Designer places, discounters like TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and most other stores are there, too.

Taxi or subway will be needed, or a walk of about a mile or more each way, depending where you go

54 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

There aren't any real "malls" in Manhattan, but there is every kind of dress shop you might want.  Macy's and Bloomingdales are, of course, from NYC, and you will also find Nordstrom and everything else there, too.

Designer places, discounters like TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and most other stores are there, too.

Taxi or subway will be needed, or a walk of about a mile or more each way, depending where you go

We were just in Manhattan over the weekend, and stumbled into Hudson Yards. There actually is now a "mall" in Manhattan!

But really, the OP's budget is the question. Macy's for a range from affordable to outrageous. Saks for a selection of high end designers, and the individual boutiques for crazy...

And then there's Talbot's, Ann Taylor, etc.

Great point about Hudson Yards. We haven't been there yet so I didn't think of it. Mostly 'spensive shops, I imagine

36 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Great point about Hudson Yards. We haven't been there yet so I didn't think of it. Mostly 'spensive shops, I imagine

It's kind of interesting. There's everything from H&M to Fendi in the same mall. Seems to be more younger New Yorkers than say upper Madison.