Jump to content

Guarantee assignment notification


Recommended Posts

Received an e-mail this morning from X notifying us that our stateroom has been changed. 

 

We actually booked a guarantee Sky Suite so the e-mail is really advising that we now have our stateroom assignment. Don't know if this is a new thing, this is the first guarantee stateroom we have booked in a few years but previously we had to keep logging in to our booking daily to see if we had an assignment yet. 

 

Not only was it a nice surprise to be informed our our assignment but we have been assigned 6145 on the Infinity which I believe if one of the best Sky Suites on M class ships.

 

Only wish we were sailing after the ship has been refurbished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, simon stingray said:

Received an e-mail this morning from X notifying us that our stateroom has been changed. 

 

We actually booked a guarantee Sky Suite so the e-mail is really advising that we now have our stateroom assignment. Don't know if this is a new thing, this is the first guarantee stateroom we have booked in a few years but previously we had to keep logging in to our booking daily to see if we had an assignment yet. 

 

Not only was it a nice surprise to be informed our our assignment but we have been assigned 6145 on the Infinity which I believe if one of the best Sky Suites on M class ships.

 

Only wish we were sailing after the ship has been refurbished.

 

It indeed IS one of the best sky suites.  The suite is next door to the PH.  You get a separate tub and shower.  Bathroom is HUGE.

 

You might want to enjoy this suite BEFORE Kelly Hoppin gets her paws on it....  A lot of folks, myself included, are horrified with the Hoppinization of these beautiful suites.  QUITE DISTURBING....

 

Have a fabulous sail!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

 I was wondering how long before your sailing you received the email with a room assignment.  We just booked a guarantee for an October 4 cruise.  This is the first time we have booked without selecting a room and I was just wondering how far ahead of your cruise you were notified of your room number.

  Thanks and have a great cruise!

 

Jane

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mickey22.

 

That was the other thing which surprised us. We received our room assignment on Tuesday but our cruise is April 2020.  When we booked our S1 Guarantee there were no S1 Sky Suites showing available (but there were 2 Celebrity Suites, 8 Royal Suites and 1 Penthouse) so it looked a good gamble for an upgrade. Someone must have then cancelled as 6145 started showing as available for a couple of days before it was assigned to us. No big upgrade but we're very happy with 6145.

 

However,  I'm sure when we last booked a guarantee (a few years ago) we had to wait until a month or so before sailing to get a room allocated.

 

Edited by simon stingray
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, simon stingray said:

Hi Mickey22.

 

That was the other thing which surprised us. We received our room assignment on Tuesday but our cruise is April 2020.  When we booked our S1 Guarantee there were no S1 Sky Suites showing available (but there were 2 Celebrity Suites, 8 Royal Suites and 1 Penthouse) so it looked a good gamble for an upgrade. Someone must have then cancelled as 6145 started showing as available for a couple of days before it was assigned to us. No big upgrade but we're very happy with 6145.

 

However,  I'm sure when we last booked a guarantee (a few years ago) we had to wait until a month or so before sailing to get a room allocated.

 

 

 

Did you book in the U.K.? If so, that will be even more of a shock: a decently located guarantee cabin 😆!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked a different cruise whilst onboard Reflection in April but after returning home we were having second thoughts about the ship we had booked (edge).

 

I then received an email from a Celebrity cruise planner (I think that was her title) informing us that she was taking over our reservation as our previous planner had left Celebrity (I wasn’t aware we even had a cruise planner).

 So I called her to change our booking and we kept all of our perks and our OBC for booking onboard actually increased because we moved up from a balcony to suite.

 

Simon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mickey22 said:

 I was wondering how long before your sailing you received the email with a room assignment. 

 

I have not done a guarantee on Celebrity, but once on Princess, I did not get my cabin assignment until 8 p.m. the night before the cruise.  We were actually at the hotel the day before the cruise when I received the email notifying us of the assignment, and I had to print out new luggage tags at the hotel's business center.

 

I have heard of people who did not learn of their cabin assignment until they checked in for the cruise!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the Celebrity Infinity for the Panama Canal Cruise October of this year.  I had a C2 guarantee room and a couple of months ago I noticed the stateroom was assigned to 6135 which is an extra large balcony C1.  It seems like a good room.  We did bid for a suite (minimum bid) but there are currently only 5 suites available so doubt that would happen anyway.

 

 Since we have such a large balcony I do not want to change to Aqua which we may have a better chance at getting.  We are sailing with a group and will have classes during sea days and would not enjoy the Aqua amenities then.

Edited by tkere
Link to post
Share on other sites

6135 is a great room for going through the canal.  Since it's down low you will be able to just about reach out and touch the lock wall.  Of course you will want to go to many places on the ship to view the transit, but we did a transit in one of these C1 cabins on deck 6 and thought it was an excellent location and a deep balcony.  Great score for a GTY.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked a guarantee cabin on August 7 for the September 8 sailing of the Summit.  The cruise is 3 weeks away and we haven’t received our cabin assignment.  We have booked guarantees before and have been given a cabin within a week or so.  What’s the latest you have received a cabin assignment prior to a sailing?  It would be nice if Celebrity would email us when the cabin is assigned, instead of having to check on line for it (almost daily).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gty assignments can come at any time. I have had assignments in less than a week after booking. I have also waited until embarkation.  On one cruise I was assigned and reassigned 3 times.  My first assigned cabin was a sweet 16. I was thrilled. That was short lived when the next cabin was assigned.  Cruise line can move you many times into any cabin from the gty category you booked and up.  Best upgrade was 8 categories up on Zenith.  I never had a really bad gty cabin.  Usually get the same category that I book.  I never book gty unless I can save significant money.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Gty assignments can come at any time. I have had assignments in less than a week after booking. I have also waited until embarkation.  On one cruise I was assigned and reassigned 3 times.  My first assigned cabin was a sweet 16. I was thrilled. That was short lived when the next cabin was assigned.  Cruise line can move you many times into any cabin from the gty category you booked and up.  Best upgrade was 8 categories up on Zenith.  I never had a really bad gty cabin.  Usually get the same category that I book.  I never book gty unless I can save significant money.  

 

We did save significant money by booking the GTY cabin.  If you were advised of your cabin on embarkation day, assume it was on the morning of your cruise before boarding - need the cabin number for luggage.  Did the longshoremen who load the bags have blank luggage tags?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, Mickey22 said:

Hello,

 

 I was wondering how long before your sailing you received the email with a room assignment.  We just booked a guarantee for an October 4 cruise.  This is the first time we have booked without selecting a room and I was just wondering how far ahead of your cruise you were notified of your room number.

  Thanks and have a great cruise!

 

Jane

We have received room assignment as soon as a day after booking up until 2 days prior to cruise.   I have to admit it is nerve racking when 48 hours before cruise and you don't have a room but don't worry it will happen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

 

We did save significant money by booking the GTY cabin.  If you were advised of your cabin on embarkation day, assume it was on the morning of your cruise before boarding - need the cabin number for t.  Did the longshoremen who load the bags have blank luggage tags?

 

Luggage tags are always available at the pier.

 

If you hand the porters an un-tagged bag, just give them your stateroom number and they will tag the bag before placing it on their cart. 

Or if you prefer, you can pick up some blank tags at the pier, fill them out and attach them  yourself.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have received room assignment as soon as a day after booking up until 2 days prior to cruise.   I have to admit it is nerve racking when 48 hours before cruise and you don't have a room but don't worry it will happen.  

When you received notice a day after booking, how far ahead of the cruise was that? Are assignments ever made prior to final payment date?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...