Jump to content

Recommendations for Embarkation Day Lunch?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

One thing I noticed on our last cruise - Park Café no longer has chip bags.  you used to be able to get a back of sun chips or lays to go with your sandwich.  They did not have these on Symphony.

Noooo😒

i was looking forward to my potato chips with my sandwich. 

Maybe they got  tired of people taking half a dozen bags at a time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, voyager70 said:

 

Wonder if there is a limit on the number of bags you can take.  Hopefully people wouldn't be so brazen to ask for 10 bags!

 

 

In days past the big bowl of chips was sitting on the counter in Park Cafe for all to help themselves.  Apparently they were getting greedy/hoarding.  😯

Edited by island lady
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, voyager70 said:

 

Yes it does, but some people are just selfish.  I once saw a woman in the United Club at the airport dump an entire full basket of "munchies" into her purse and calmly walk off.

 

 

One of the ships we were on found a woman with a huge tote bag that was filling it with those small boxes of cereal in the WJ every morning.  They finally put a stop to her practice.  Larceny at the very least I would think.  Those little boxes are not cheap.  😮 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, Host Clarea said:

 

 

I am definitely going to try this!   Can you have them slice it thin?

Thanks Clarea, it is a great video!😋

 

I would love to try to make this at home!

Edited by Judyrem
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I am definitely going to try this!   Can you have them slice it thin?

Thanks Clarea, it is a great video!😋

 

I would love to try to make this at home!

 

They will slice it however you like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing of people hoarding chips, reminded me of a funny thing we saw on a ship.  Two elderly ladies would bring a small tote to the WJ and take many pieces of citrus fruit every morning.  We wondered if they were from someplace where  citrus fruit was unusual?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TinkBellaMom said:

Hearing of people hoarding chips, reminded me of a funny thing we saw on a ship.  Two elderly ladies would bring a small tote to the WJ and take many pieces of citrus fruit every morning.  We wondered if they were from someplace where  citrus fruit was unusual?

 

They probably had a juicer and were making fresh squeezed OJ for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:58 AM, wishuponasea said:

Is it Real Beef on wek??  🙂  Have a Buffalo Husband! 🙂

 

Um as a Buffalonian... I’d say in general Nope, Sorry!  

The beef on OUR Beef on Weck is thin slices ...the slices, when we had it at Park Cafe, were thick sliced.  Since they are hand slicing it I don’t know if they can get it that thin without shredding it. 

 

Dont get me wrong, it was good but not a true Buffalo Beef on Weck. 

Edited by rsfunk
Add text
Link to post
Share on other sites

Park cafe is definitely not a secret anymore, seating is very difficult unless you get there early. You can usually find something outside, but don’t forget you’ll be in 90 degree weather with direct sun shining on you. 

Is El Loco open on Symphony on embarkation day?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, 1992cruiser said:

Park cafe is definitely not a secret anymore, seating is very difficult unless you get there early. You can usually find something outside, but don’t forget you’ll be in 90 degree weather with direct sun shining on you. 

Is El Loco open on Symphony on embarkation day?  

 

While I would generally agree with you - on our Oasis and Fredom sailings we were fighting for a seat, but on Symphony between 12:30 and 1 - on embarkation day - park café was empty.  We had no trouble getting a seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Oasis two years ago and went to Solarium Bistro.  Lots of options that seemed to be healthier, hardly anyone in the venue so no crowds to deal with and great views.  Any future cruises we will most likely go there again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, orkaren1 said:

We were on Oasis two years ago and went to Solarium Bistro.  Lots of options that seemed to be healthier, hardly anyone in the venue so no crowds to deal with and great views.  Any future cruises we will most likely go there again.

 

 

Totally agree with that!!  🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...