Oceana Winter Cruises

bee-ess

These cruises are selling like hot cakes. My TA normally calls back within 10 minutes if I request a call back. Took 90 minutes today.  Still got an unbelievable bargain of less than £70 pp for a balcony !

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

These cruises are selling like hot cakes. My TA normally calls back within 10 minutes if I request a call back. Took 90 minutes today.  Still got an unbelievable bargain of less than £70 pp for a balcony !

How have you managed to book already, I thought we had to wait until 9am in the morning? 

1 minute ago, davemorton said:

How have you managed to book already, I thought we had to wait until 9am in the morning? 

You need to pre register with a TA.  The booking is not 100% guaranteed,  but you get the option to buy a cabin at the release price. So, once P&O have all the options in place,  they will release what cabins are left, at probably (definitely) a higher price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

You need to pre register with a TA.  The booking is not 100% guaranteed,  but you get the option to buy a cabin at the release price. So, once P&O have all the options in place,  they will release what cabins are left, at probably (definitely) a higher price.

Ah, I have done that online tonight, but no money was taken so I was just going to try and go direct in the morning. 

4 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Ah, I have done that online tonight, but no money was taken so I was just going to try and go direct in the morning. 

Yup, we have done the same. Have provisionally booked a certain grade cabin on a certain deck, and will see if we get it. No money paid so far. Hope the P&O  computer system will cope tomorrow!

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Would have booked the 35 days at that price, but unfortunately already on holiday. Booked 14 days to Spain and Potugal in February  - ok, not a great time of year, but a select booking, in a decent balcony cabin for less than £70pp per night, is a bargain.

Have registered for a Canaries in Feb - Select Outside for £60 pn. Can't resist at these prices. However TA warned of P&O operating fluid pricing from the off, so have to wait and see.

Edited by bee-ess

5 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Is anyone seeing the new cruises on P&O website yet? I’ve still got Dubai.

No, should have been 9AM - think they are probably dealing with TA bookings first - expecting fluid pricing when they do show

Edited by bee-ess

I am fairly new to cruising.  My cruise was one of those cancelled.  I was sent a dedicated number yesterday via email.  I have been trying for 45 minutes to date and no joy.  I will not be happy if the best prices have gone because we followed their instructions.

I phoned my usual agent in Derbyshire at 9am this morning and had to hang on for about 30 minutes but eventually got through and was able to book a specific cabin for the February 14 night Canaries cruise.    P&O on their website state that booking doesn't open until 11am  maybe they are waiting to see how the agents sell as to what prices they are going to advertise at 11.  I hadn't pre-registered which I would normally do so I was surprised that I was able to get through and book a specific cabin and with a hefty OBC.  We booked a full suite for less than £3000pp and with £300pp OBC.  

Sat on phone to P&O from 9am got through at 9.40, all book Christmas in canaries for less than half the price we had paid for cancelled dubai trip. prices going up by the minute but i am happy free parking onboard credit and the cabin i wanted.

Almost same cruise going day before on aurora same grade of cabin £4900 per person, if i had booked that i would be very upset to have missed a bargain. 

I have just done that and ignored the dedicated number. As I feared I had to pay £800 more for the two of us. I am not moaning about the cost, I am not happy that we, who had our cruise cancelled were not given priority. One hour and twenty minutes of continuous redial. Not good customer service P&O

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bodgerday said:

I have just done that and ignored the dedicated number. As I feared I had to pay £800 more for the two of us. I am not moaning about the cost, I am not happy that we, who had our cruise cancelled were not given priority. One hour and twenty minutes of continuous redial. Not good customer service P&O

I agree we should have had priority even if only for 24 hours. The dedicated number is just through to the normal P&O switchboard 😞

• Like 1

Phoned the “special” number in P&O’s email at 8.50 this morning. Straight through but helpful chap said he couldn’t book till 9, but would call me back at 9.30 as he already had a call back at 9. Waited till 10.50 the hubby called on his mobile. Straight through again and are now booked up with our first choice mid ship balcony. It was £30 each more than the prices I saw on TA websites yesterday but we’re happy. Taking the £170 OBC each into account it works out at £63pppn. Would cost more in a hotel for a fortnight.

Now just have to decide the best way to get to Southampton!!!

On 8/14/2019 at 2:07 AM, happy v said:

Well done Kruzseeka. I think we will definitely book one.

The Caribbean sounds good but too close to christmas.

Maybe a repositioning.

Have you booked a repro? We have!!!  May meet up at last!!😉

We have booked to go to the Canaries in February at a great price with our TA.  I have just looked at the P&O site and there are still no cruises on Oceana for the winter, I guess they are so busy that they don't want to open up the website for bookings at the moment in case it crashes ( we all know how stable it is ).

3 hours ago, bodgerday said:

We have the same deal as you, but finished up paying £74 pppn. Crazy

To be honest, I was a bit miffed that he never called back. I’m just glad we didn’t wait any longer to try again. I would have been happy to have been told to call back after 9am but at least we’ve got booked. 

• Like 1