Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
pirate4me2

So excited, booked our first MSC cruise!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and did it! We are booked for Sept. 19, 2020 on the Seaside in the Yacht Club, and I am so dang excited. We are booked in 16036 and 16038, has anyone stayed in those cabins and can tell us if they are a good location/noisy? Any tips/tricks that we should know about with MSC/YC?

Also, has anyone done the itinerary with San Juan as a port of call where you arrive at 5 pm? I am trying to decide what we want to do with us arriving so late. Part of me really wants to go see the bioilluminisent bay, but so far I only see a kayak excursion for that and I am NOT a kayak person. I always flip them over, hahaha. I though the forts may be interesting to see lit up at night, but my husband said "we have seen them during the day, that is good enough." :classic_rolleyes: 

Thanks in advance for any info you all can provide. I can't wait to try something new, and I am hoping to fall in love with MSC and be booking more cruises with them!

You have chosen a Very Nice ship.

just Go around in the City by yourself.it s Nice to see the Sun Go Down from the City.

we were there on that trip i april This year

Seaside class is my favorite Yacht Club so far.  However I advise changing cabins.  I've stayed in 16051 and had noise problems from the Jungle Pool/Magrodome area above.  If you look closely you will see that 16038 is not directly under 18038, the cabins are offset one to the aft on deck 16.  So above 16038 is actually a pool deck with a seating area where people tend to congregate and talk late at night, you also get deck cleaning noise very early in the morning.  This noise extends to 16036 where the bed is at the aft side of the cabin and you will hear the noise almost as bad as in 16038.  Cabin 16034 and forward doesn't get the noise, and the same for the port side.

Last year in San Juan, we did our very first Segway Tour and loved it.  You can cover a lot more territory that way.  We booked directly with the vendor (I believe we found it through Tripadvisor).  We spent the first 20 minutes learning to ride a Segway (Sister-in-law was shooting lasers from her eyes at me, but she hung in there!), then we took off.  You wear headphones through which the tour guide narrates your tour.  Learned a lot, to include how to ride a Segway!