YC Drink Package level included

Russ_MT

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

You really need to inform your TA that Easy is not the included package for YC, hence you can't upgrade to Premium, as it's already included, so she/he shouldn't be quoting a price for that!

I did pass info , not sure about this agent have been booking things on my own for rccl and all other recent cruises, sent a email to msc and did not get a response. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

Yes this is what my travel agent sent 

Please see the attached list.

To upgrade from the drink package you have to:

Premium                     $432  total for 2 of you

Premium PLUS            $700  total for 2 of you

If that's really the price, we'll be passing on  the upgrade.  😲

I can only imagine your frustration at this stage, George.  I was just about fit to tear my hair out when I first applied to upgrade and was given the cost from Easy to Prem+.  Fortunately someone in MSC UK took over and dealt with it.  There are at least 3 posters on here that have been refused the upgrade by MSC UK since and another one who had managed to upgrade for this year's YC sailing, but was originally turned down for a 2020 YC booked cruise, but 6 weeks later was informed that yes, he could upgrade.

3 minutes ago, jules815 said:

If that's really the price, we'll be passing on  the upgrade.  😲

It really is NOT that price!  We're paying the equivalent of $700 total for 23 nights (which is what George is being quoted for a 7 night cruise).

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It really is NOT that price!  We're paying the equivalent of $700 total for 23 nights (which is what George is being quoted for a 7 night cruise).

I appreciate all the info,  but have read others also seem confused , not worried , we know we have a drink package and will check on prices for upgrades when we board, will try to call next week. At least our next cruise on celebrity we have premium package with suite along with specialty restaurants, specialty restaurants on msc seem really high I saw 85 in cruise planner , I know we get one for free since I am black card. 

Prices vary in the SRs, George.  They're also can be a la carte as well as some having set menus.  Black Card holders are offered a limited set menu to choose from called "Dining Experience" of a starter, main course and dessert.  You can swap out an item from the main menu for 50% of cost.  Here's a link to the Butcher's Cut menu, for example, with the Dining Experience items shown too:

BUTCHERS CUT US MENU.pdf

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Prices vary in the SRs, George.  They're also can be a la carte as well as some having set menus.  Black Card holders are offered a limited set menu to choose from called "Dining Experience" of a starter, main course and dessert.  You can swap out an item from the main menu for 50% of cost.  Here's a link to the Butcher's Cut menu, for example, with the Dining Experience items shown too:

BUTCHERS CUT US MENU.pdf 53.36 kB · 4 downloads

Will definitely will do Butchers cut, and have not have caviar in a long while so I sure we will pay extra for that since we are on vacation, thanks. 

43 minutes ago, George C said:

Will definitely will do Butchers cut, and have not have caviar in a long while so I sure we will pay extra for that since we are on vacation, thanks. 

Good choice!  We've enjoyed BC 3 times on 2 different ships (consistent quality) and look forward to another 3 visits between Seaview (in a couple of weeks) and Meraviglia in October.  Most reports on here about Butcher's Cut have been very favourable.

I asked about Wi-fi and what drinks package it was.... (typos not mine! )

I have looked into this for you, I'm afraid I can confirm the Yacht Club Experience does not include the Wi-Fi package. 

In relation to the drinks package the Yacht Club is i's own designated package, this package is not equivalent to the Easy, Premium or Premium Plus Package. With the Yacht Club experience you get unlimited beverage selection within the Yacht Club areas and bars around the ship.

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

......In relation to the drinks package the Yacht Club is i's own designated package....With the Yacht Club experience you get unlimited beverage selection within the Yacht Club areas and bars around the ship.

The Connoisseur Range is excluded from the YC package, apart from a handful of the lower end drinks in that range. You are correct to state it has its own designated package, but it is essentially Premium and a few of the lower end Connoisseur Range drinks. It includes Nicolas F champagne.

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

... and yet they'll charge the difference in price between Premium and Premium+ to upgrade to the latter - which kinda contradicts what they're saying.  🙄

You need to get on and complete your packing for your cruise tomorrow!! 🤣

Just now, hamrag said:

You need to get on and complete your packing for your cruise tomorrow!! 🤣

All done, G!  😀  Just received a photo of the rooftop terrace of our hotel (where we'll be enjoying dinner tomorrow night) from the couple we're meeting up with for the cruise:

thumbnail_IMG_20190826_201241.jpg.e3e3abe527b785aba51bc54d11382d34.jpg

• Like 3