Refund of Gift Card Payment

silversneakers

Anyone have experience with getting a refund from Princess for several gift cards used toward payment and how it was refunded?  I had to cancel a cruise and I had 10 gift cards (Princess) that included 6 of the bonus gift cards that were offered. Was the refund put back on each individual (paper i.e., electronic) gift card or did you received the entire amount in a new gift card?  Also did you get a refund on the bonus gift cards?

2 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’ve only used my GCs for onboard purchases to be safe, so I don’t know. Did you keep your GCs? I would think they would put the money back onto them automatically. Maybe if you notify them that they’re gone, they could issue you a new GC, though.

They are paper copies (electronic gift cards) and yes, I do have them.  I was hoping they would give me one hard (plastic) card for the entire amount (10 gift cards).  Since the bonus gift cards had a timeline (apply by date and they were applied by that date) I wonder if I will be losing those bonus amounts.  I called Princess and have gotten a couple of different answers so I guess I will just have to wait and see.  

6 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Anyone have experience with getting a refund from Princess for several gift cards used toward payment and how it was refunded?  I had to cancel a cruise and I had 10 gift cards (Princess) that included 6 of the bonus gift cards that were offered. Was the refund put back on each individual (paper i.e., electronic) gift card or did you received the entire amount in a new gift card?  Also did you get a refund on the bonus gift cards?

Guess I got my answer.  I lose bonus gift card value (I guess I didn't technically pay for them so that makes sense) and the electronic gift cards are refunded individually to what was applied to the account (not one hard card for total).  Oh well, another lesson learned.

I also had the same situation.  I rebooked our cruise to 2021.  When I called Princess with a question regarding my canceled cruise, I was told I still had a credit showing on the canceled booking.  It turned out the credit was for the bonus gift cards I had applied to the canceled cruise.  I had them move this credit over to the new booking.

20 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Guess I got my answer.  I lose bonus gift card value (I guess I didn't technically pay for them so that makes sense) and the electronic gift cards are refunded individually to what was applied to the account (not one hard card for total).  Oh well, another lesson learned.

Just wondering how long did this take?  We are waiting for a gift card refund and it has been about 5 days.

34 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

Just wondering how long did this take?  We are waiting for a gift card refund and it has been about 5 days.

I cancelled on 8/9.  I was told it could take a couple of weeks and that I need to check the "gift card balance" on each gift card # that was submitted for confirmation.  

6 hours ago, Buffy56 said:

I also had the same situation.  I rebooked our cruise to 2021.  When I called Princess with a question regarding my canceled cruise, I was told I still had a credit showing on the canceled booking.  It turned out the credit was for the bonus gift cards I had applied to the canceled cruise.  I had them move this credit over to the new booking.

I would guess because I have not rebooked anything, that is why I will be losing the bonus gift cards.  I have about $3500 worth of gift cards that I can reapply when I decide what I want to do.

7 hours ago, Buffy56 said:

Good idea but Princess told me that once the cruise is cancelled it cannot be moved!! Go figure??

14 hours ago, silversneakers said:

I cancelled on 8/9.  I was told it could take a couple of weeks and that I need to check the "gift card balance" on each gift card # that was submitted for confirmation.  

Just checked ours and we have received it.  It is only for $300, so nowhere near your amount.  I was concerned because after I used the giftcard, it said 0 balance.  Then after we cancelled the cruise, it said something like giftcard deleted (I cannot remember the exact phrase).  But I just checked again and the balance is there.  We did rebook right away, same cruise but different date.  I wish they could have just transferred it to that one.  Seems easier.