Cruise Critic Community
tjcletzgo

Whale Watching in Cabo

Hello, we are two senior ladies what want to go whale watching in Cabo.  Can anyone recommend a good tour?   Not looking for a "hot rod" boat :)

Thank you!

We took the 2 hour trip on the 2 deck boat through the cruise last February.  It was great - we saw several whales up close and from a distance.  Boat had lots of seating and standing at the rails room.  Try to get a place at rail in front of boat if you are able to stand for a couple hours.  They have clean bathrooms and free drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) and small snacks.  The folks on the small boats got cancelled due to winds.  Make sure there will be whales in Cabo before you book as they are only there in late winter and early spring (Jan-March)

I see this thread has been moved from the Princess board to the Mexican Riviera ports board. That's unfortunate because my response is relevant to Princess. 

We booked a whale watching cruise through Princess (2017?) and were not happy. We saw plenty of whales, and close. The problem was the boat captain and most others were chasing the whales in a way that would never be allowed in Hawaii or Alaska.

If I  wanted to do this again, I would choose a sailboat, which cannot aggressively pursue the whales. Just my opinion.

Jim