How many shoes do you bring?

racnwdow

Female:  I pack 4 pairs and flip flops

I'll wear a pair of Skechers GOwalk

I'll pack:

Black dressy wedges for formal nights

Black flats for day and dinner

Black slides for day and dinner---I like to have options 😉

Skechers Boat shoes/walking---(a different color than I wear on the plane)

Flip flops---beach/pool

Hubby:  Packs 3 pairs and flip flops

Wears his running shoes while traveling 

Black dress shoes

Sherry boat shoes---day and dinner

Skechers--- walking shoes

flip flops---beach/pool

ASICS runners, Naot dressy sandals, Clark’s walking sandals and crocs flip flops for ship and slippers.  Female.   DH ASICS runners, teva sandals and Ecco dress shoes. 

I need happy feet and can  walk along time in my ASICS or Clark’s, up to 27000 steps 😅

• Like 1

Only done "warm" cruises, and live in Canada, so sneakers on the plane and for excursions where the weather isn't so great, 1 pair of flip flops (pool, beach, etc.) 1 pair of darker coloured dressy flats that work with slacks (LOVE Gabors! Very comfortable for walking) and a pair of low sandals (my new go-to sandals are TakeMe.....most comfortable shoes I have ever owned!)  Too old for high heels.  Pretty lucky as I have feet that are easy to find replacement shoes, so if a pair blow out, pretty sure I can find another pair most anywhere we go.

DH, on the other hand, has size 15 (15!!) feet.  Sneakers on plane and cooler excursions, Teva sandals for beach/pool, pair of black lace-up shoes for MDR, tan coloured deck shoes for Lido/excursions, and on other pair of comfy multi-purpose sandals in case something goes horribly wrong. 

When I'm looking for shoes for him, I don't ask if they have "these shoes" in a size 15, I ask if they have "any shoes" in a size 15!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have brought too many shoes so often!  Now I try to limit myself to the sandals I wear onboard, one flat shoe (black), one pr black and one pr navy heels, and one pair sneakers....Female....I pack just enough clothes otherwise...

23 hours ago, bennybear said:

Oh dear, I am a bit of a shoe addict,  will checkout the take mes and Gabors  where do you buy them?  

The Gabor's I bought when I was in the UK, but made in Portugal.  The call them "ballet pumps" and have rubber soles.  However, you can buy them on line.  https://www.gaborshoes.co.uk/

The TakeMe's I purchased in my home town!  We have an independent higher-end shoe store and have a lot of European made shoes. Mine are a 1 1/2 inch wedge made in Spain, and I tromped all over 5 ports in the Caribbean with them earlier this year. I looked for them on line, and found this: https://www.walkingonacloud.com/shop-brands/take-me.html 

• Like 1

My question is about clothing. On sea days, will I need warm clothes? (cruise to AK) I don't know if you have to go outside to access places like the MDR or Lido buffet. 1st time cruiser.....very not knowledgable!

Like som other posters in  this tread I have foot problems so i take more shoes than seems.reasonable. At least 2.prs of walking shoes. Plus 2 pr walking/hiking sandals. And 2 pr  dressy shoes. Still there have been times i have worn hiking sandals with a long dress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrebro said:

My question is about clothing. On sea days, will I need warm clothes? (cruise to AK) I don't know if you have to go outside to access places like the MDR or Lido buffet. 1st time cruiser.....very not knowledgable!

You can reach every place within the ship.  I always bring a sweater just in case.  The MDR and Lido are always cold to me, even on Caribbean cruises.

1 hour ago, mrebro said:

You may want to bring some warm.things so that you CAN go.outside if you want. Lido and MDR atr accessible without going outside.

if you are.going ashore you will want.some warm layers (in case of cool or wet weather )

2 hours ago, mrebro said:

My husband always takes a thermometer on our trips.  Two days when we were outside looking at glaciers it was 42 and 46 degrees.  Other days on shore we hit a couple high 60's and one 70 degree day.  We were in Alaska at the end of July.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 12:42 AM, colonialinnkeeper said:

My husband always takes a thermometer on our trips.  Two days when we were outside looking at glaciers it was 42 and 46 degrees.  Other days on shore we hit a couple high 60's and one 70 degree day.  We were in Alaska at the end of July.

A pair of warm socks is always a good idea I think

On 8/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, bennybear said:

ASICS runners, Naot dressy sandals, Clark’s walking sandals and crocs flip flops for ship and slippers.  Female.   DH ASICS runners, teva sandals and Ecco dress shoes. 

I need happy feet and can  walk along time in my ASICS or Clark’s, up to 27000 steps 😅

One more ASICS fan here, nice list. Here's mine. I have a pair of Asics nimbus, crocs and slippers as well. Also thanks to this review I grabbed a pair of Vionic walker shoes because I have some issues with my heels. Even a small walk gives me trouble. Did anyone experience something like this?

• Like 1

Male  80 YR  -- I bring only 2 pair of dark blue  New Balance sneakers that I can use in the gym & in the MDR . They go very well with my dark blue slacks & sweater . I never wear ties or jackets  & only pack short sleeved shirts  .I do pack a pair of sleepers 

Female - comfortable but stodgy walking shoes for cooler and wetter days, pair of Skecher slip-ons, dressy medium-heeled sandals for dressy occasions (they have a bit of bling),  sandals for warmer days, and slippers for in the cabin.  My feet are very hard to fit, so I have to be prepared for whatever comes along, as I can’t just go to any store and buy an extra pair of flip-flops, etc.

DH brings a pair of dress shoes, pair of runners, and pair of sandals.  Oh, and slippers.

• Like 1

Male.

I wear a pair of black dress Gravity-Defyer shoes on the airplane and for Gala and Smart-Casual Nights.  I wear them for travel because they're heavier than the other pair of shoes that I pack ... but are just about as comfy.

I pack a pair of Gravity-Defyer walking-athletic shoes for shore excursions and everyday daytime wear.

If the cruise includes a beach (i.e. HMC) or other warm weather where I might wear shorts, I also take a pair of sandals that I have ... comfy and airy but not heavy.

If I am traveling with my husband I bring as many as I can - after years of watching me change and change again he insists I bring it all.  

If I am traveling with my sister I bring 3 - running shoes, sandals or other seasonal shoe and all purpose walking loafers which are suitable for the dining room too. 

I try to plan my wardrobe around one color and bring one pair of comfortable Mary Jane's with velcro for day and a dressier pair made by Drew shoes as I also have foot issues. I take something for vfc the pool and sandals for a ccx warm weather cruise.Dh takes sneakers, pool shoes and one pair dress shoes. If it's a warm weather cruise he adds sandals.

Male  80 YR  -- I bring only 2 pair of dark blue  New Balance sneakers that I can use in the gym & in the MDR . They go very well with my dark blue slacks & sweater . I never wear ties or jackets  & only pack short sleeved shirts  .I do pack a pair of sleepers 

Oh forgot that I always have my pool  OP sandals with me 

Female.  4 pair.   All shoes are comfortable enough to walk or hike miles in on uneven ground.   I pack lightly and trips last for months.  All 4 get worn every trip.  2 open shoes and 2 closed shoes so they can be alternated and if a shoe wears out on a trip, I have a backup. 

Olukai Flip flops are worn on hot port or sea days, around the pool, to the beach and if I have to take a shower somewhere I don’t want to be barefoot.  They dry quickly.

Olukai Flat sandals are worn on hot port or sea days, gala nights, hot hikes with steep hills.

Keen Hikers are worn for cold or rainy port or sea days, working out, hikes.

Jeep Water shoes are worn in rivers, other water I don’t want to be barefoot in, hot or cold or rainy port or sea days, working out, hikes.  They dry quickly.