Viking ocean excursions

Michael50

Hi everyone,  we are booked on the iconic Western Mediterranean Ocean cruise in november. Being price conscious,  we plan on doing many of the included excursions and the one excursion we chose so far is "A day in Tuscany", looking for recommendations on other excursions, viking or outside tours. Thanks

4 hours ago, Michael50 said:

Hi everyone,  we are booked on the iconic Western Mediterranean Ocean cruise in november. Being price conscious,  we plan on doing many of the included excursions and the one excursion we chose so far is "A day in Tuscany", looking for recommendations on other excursions, viking or outside tours. Thanks

I actually found the Viking prices to be reasonable on the couple of optionals tours we did and what we didn't do with Viking we did on our own, including taking the train from Livorno to Florence and the 100 bus from Monte Carlo into Nice (beautiful ride).

14 hours ago, Michael50 said:

I'm doing that Day in Tuscany in about 5 weeks.  We've already been to Florence and Pisa.  Have you looked at Tripadvisor for private tours?

I think some of the included tours are bus rides.  OK if you are expecting that.

If using Viator, you should be aware that they are a re-seller or booking agent, as I am not aware they operate any of their own tours. With some research you can determine which tour operator they use and often find the same tour for less money.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 12:22 AM, Peregrina651 said:

I actually found the Viking prices to be reasonable on the couple of optionals tours we did and what we didn't do with Viking we did on our own, including taking the train from Livorno to Florence and the 100 bus from Monte Carlo into Nice (beautiful ride).

The 100 (Express) bus between Monte Carlo and Nice is a gem; the views are magnificent. Especially if you sit on the left side en route to Nice.

• Thanks 1