Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Travels with Lisa

laundry

Here's an odd question - is the laundry open on embarkation day?  We are doing a B2B and we're thinking of doing a few loads on the in between day.

thanks

I am sure it is-from about 8am to 9pm daily as far I know. Only been there once .

If you are in an interesting port dont spend time in the laundry get out and explore.

It is usually possible to find an empty machine within minutes of arriving in the laundry. People are supportive and empty machines as soon as loads are completed 

Enjoy the port and have fun!

One of the best benefits of B2B. Do your laundry early, then get off the ship, get your new card; book specialty restaurants and get the times/nights you want; and enjoy the port city without any time pressure; back to the empty pool in the afternoon (if weather permits). It’s a great day!

This may have already been asked before, but is laundry soap provided? If yes, what type? (liquid or powder/brand)

Pods are provided they want you to use their pods in the machine - they are not branded but did a pretty good job

Just now, Travels with Lisa said:

Here's an odd question - is the laundry open on embarkation day?  We are doing a B2B and we're thinking of doing a few loads on the in between day.

thanks

Yes it is... and usually very quiet. A good day to use it....if you can.

On one cruise, I went to the laundry room the first day. We had been traveling for a week. The laundry room was crowded. Lots of people had the same idea. On my most recent cruise, I tried several times to do a wash. Gave up and sent the clothes out. Not worth spending time trying to do a wash. 

As the OP is a back to back guest they’ve got a 3 - 4 hour window when the only people trying to use the room are back to back guests. I’ve never seen a problem getting a washer in that period. Once embarking guests have their luggage that’s different because those who have been Land based travelling often hit the machines. 

So timing is everything! 

Posted (edited)

I am also going to be on a B2B and was thinking that perhaps the evening before, while everyone is packing and having to have their bags in the hall may be a good time as well?  

Edited by AlbertasRose
Question asked was already answered

I’ve had good luck on embarkation day, and most evenings at about 6 pm.  Last night I was getting ready for dinner and doing laundry at the same time.  I made several trips down the corridor in a different stage of dinner-readiness each time. 😁  it worked well, though.  Two loads of washing done in about an hour.

8 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I’ve had good luck on embarkation day, and most evenings at about 6 pm.  Last night I was getting ready for dinner and doing laundry at the same time.  I made several trips down the corridor in a different stage of dinner-readiness each time. 😁  it worked well, though.  Two loads of washing done in about an hour.

Same here, I’ve found that a good time.