Cruise Critic Community
cinnamon

Constellation TA autumn 2020?

20 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Anyone heard anything more?

I keep checking and have my TA watching for it to come available as well.

Nothing yet 😖

Can you post when you hear anything?

I am thinking it won’t be until next week.

And I wonder what the incentives to book will be?

We are already booked on a crossing in November (Silhouette to Buenos Aires) but wondering how Celebrity will price this one?  Will it be at the crazy prices they have been trying to charge for these sailings for the last year that get cut in half at the end?  Or will it be at realistic pricing since it is being announced almost a year later than normal?

I called TA today & they contacted Celebrity - no info yet.   They think it will be released next week.  

11 hours ago, ECCruise said:

We are already booked on a crossing in November (Silhouette to Buenos Aires) but wondering how Celebrity will price this one?  Will it be at the crazy prices they have been trying to charge for these sailings for the last year that get cut in half at the end?  Or will it be at realistic pricing since it is being announced almost a year later than normal?

That is the question now isn’t it!

Releasing it a year later than normal if the ports were unique might bring a good price and drive interest but this is not the case.

I certainly don’t intend to book no matter the price so fingers crossed I’m hoping they bring something of interest to the table next week.

Same for us. Only looking to book if there are good deals straight away. We go to Florida each November and if the deal is good it’s a great way to get there. If not, we’ll fly again. 

Checked again this morning and still no TA crossing cruise pricing available, ugh.

I will not be deterred yet though!

1 hour ago, MsDolly said:

Checked again this morning and still no TA crossing cruise pricing available, ugh.

I will not be deterred yet though!

Thank you MsDolly. With the time difference to the US for us I never know when is a good time to check. 

Incidentally, our son is now a Canadian citizen and lives with his wife and family in Calgary. Maybe we’ll both be able to book the TA at wonderful value fares and meet up!

well, I can live in hope!  😅😅

I had hoped today would be the day when the Celebrity Rep told my T/A "hopefully early next week" but surely by Wednesday??

On 8/19/2019 at 9:49 AM, cinnamon said:

Thank you MsDolly. With the time difference to the US for us I never know when is a good time to check. 

Incidentally, our son is now a Canadian citizen and lives with his wife and family in Calgary. Maybe we’ll both be able to book the TA at wonderful value fares and meet up!

well, I can live in hope!  😅😅

Still nothing 😖😖

Here is what I received from my travel agents district manager 

Yes, right now the sailing is closed.  You may have heard, we are redeploying the Constellation from Dubai over to Tampa.  Looks like there is sailing maintenance happening to accommodate those guest previously booked on the prior itinerary.  My assumption is it should be available in the next few days but right now, it is closed until we can move all guests currently on that sailing. 

All we can do is wait and hope its worth the wait 🤷‍♀️🛳

This is very helpful information. I just booked the cruise that ends on October 31st. I called Celebrity about the TA because it wasn't showing on the website. I was told there is no TA. I guess I will have to be patient.😊

I received this message from Celebrity UK today.

”Just to let you know that we still do not have a definite date for Celebrity Constellation's 2020 Transatlantic sailing to go on sale just yet. We do anticipate for it to be released by the end of next week.“

4 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

I received this message from Celebrity UK today.

”Just to let you know that we still do not have a definite date for Celebrity Constellation's 2020 Transatlantic sailing to go on sale just yet. We do anticipate for it to be released by the end of next week.“

Looks like you have as many answers as people we ask.

Fingers still crossed it will be released soon and worth the wait 

"Will they throw in CC points as they did some of this Falls TA’s?"

That is doubtful at this time.  We are still over a year away.  Promotions like that are usually done closer to sail date as a way to help fill the ships.  

17 hours ago, MsDolly said:

Yes, right now the sailing is closed.  You may have heard, we are redeploying the Constellation from Dubai over to Tampa.  Looks like there is sailing maintenance happening to accommodate those guest previously booked on the prior itinerary.  My assumption is it should be available in the next few days but right now, it is closed until we can move all guests currently on that sailing. 

It will be interesting to see what's really up with this cruise.  Last week they told my TA it was 'with revenue' and she really felt like they were still working on the itinerary.  The excuse that they still have to accommodate previous guests before we can book doesn't fly because all the cruises before and after were bookable with people on those previous cruises still blissfully unaware that they were cancelled.  My only concern is that they're actually working with somebody to sell a large group on the cruise and that would mean that by the time it opens up for regular booking many of the choice cabins would already be allocated. 

As my father used to tell me when I was jumping up and down asking a million questions about something:  "Be patient -  in due time all will be revealed."  Hard for me then, hard for me now.  🤣

We’ll weekend is now upon us and still no sign of pricing being released for this sailing.  

I am now starting to look at other options, not like there is any shortage of TA cruises that time of the year, just saying Celebrity get your act together!!!

Okay, my TA was finally able to book us on the transatlantic this morning.  It still isn't showing up on Celebrity's website, but I have a proper invoice.  The price is outrageous, and if it doesn't drop we'll cancel.  It's in the neighborhood of $3K per person for a C1 aft cabin.  I have paid less than that for a Sky Suite on a transatlantic. 

I also asked if she could tell if there was a lot of availability or of maybe a group had some space and that's what took so long getting the cruise into the system and what was driving the high price.  She said it didn't look like a group was booked and most of the cabins appeared available, so that's good news.

9 minutes ago, amyr said:

Okay, my TA was finally able to book us on the transatlantic this morning.  It still isn't showing up on Celebrity's website, but I have a proper invoice.  The price is outrageous, and if it doesn't drop we'll cancel.  It's in the neighborhood of $3K per person for a C1 aft cabin.  I have paid less than that for a Sky Suite on a transatlantic. 

I also asked if she could tell if there was a lot of availability or of maybe a group had some space and that's what took so long getting the cruise into the system and what was driving the high price.  She said it didn't look like a group was booked and most of the cabins appeared available, so that's good news.

Can you tell us the itinerary?

Posted (edited)

Here's a screenshot for anyone who hasn't been able to see it.  Our rate was with two perks with a refundable deposit, but still too high IMO

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.36.48 PM.png

Edited by amyr

1 hour ago, amyr said:

Here's a screenshot for anyone who hasn't been able to see it.  Our rate was with two perks with a refundable deposit, but still too high IMO

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.36.48 PM.png

Might as well start a roll call.  We booked, too.

Hoping for a reprice at some point......

2 hours ago, amyr said:

Thanks  --  and wow on the price  --  we'll have to keep an eye on this...