Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hammergirl

Royal Up offer on rooms that are not showing as available?

I got a royal up offer today for 3 different rooms. 2 of the 3 rooms are not even showing as available when I look it up to see the price difference between what we are already paying and what the royal up offer is. Is this normal? Why would they give us the opportunity to upgrade to rooms that are not available?

The three rooms are:

Star Loft Suite - Star Class

Aqua Theater 2 bedroom - Star Class

1 bedroom aqua theater room - Sky class

We are currently booked in a crown loft suite - sky class.

Hi Hammergirl

I know what you mean. But I think they may use this info as a way to see how much people are willing to pay.

They feed it into the computer and see how much they can get.

Also I a cabin should become available (last minute cancel) they have the bids in already.

52 minutes ago, mrchips14 said:

Hi Hammergirl

I know what you mean. But I think they may use this info as a way to see how much people are willing to pay.

They feed it into the computer and see how much they can get.

Also I a cabin should become available (last minute cancel) they have the bids in already.

Kind of annoying since I don't know the different between the cost they are asking and the actual price if I just did it on my own. I guess we just bid if we want to don't expect anything since those rooms are not even open.

and, if they move people up to a higher level their room becomes available, etc...

2 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

I got a royal up offer today for 3 different rooms. 2 of the 3 rooms are not even showing as available when I look it up to see the price difference between what we are already paying and what the royal up offer is. Is this normal? Why would they give us the opportunity to upgrade to rooms that are not available?

The three rooms are:

What you think you see as available is not the entire picture.

2 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Is this normal? Why would they give us the opportunity to upgrade to rooms that are not available?

Yes. Market survey.

I received a royal up for my upcoming Mariner cruise. I bid on a couple rooms. Then a couple days later I wanted to add a person to my sailing and the ship is completely sold out. Marketing for sure.

2 hours ago, paradise4me said:

I received a royal up for my upcoming Mariner cruise. I bid on a couple rooms. Then a couple days later I wanted to add a person to my sailing and the ship is completely sold out. Marketing for sure.

If you were adding a third (or fourth) person to a stateroom, it could have been that the muster station was full.  There could have been staterooms in different muster stations available.

I'm booked in accessible balconies for my next five cruises. I have gotten Royal Up offers for four of them. Would they be for Accessible balconies or just standard rooms. I don't get a straight answer from Royal.

10 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I'm booked in accessible balconies for my next five cruises. I have gotten Royal Up offers for four of them. Would they be for Accessible balconies or just standard rooms. I don't get a straight answer from Royal.

I would bet money that they would be standard rooms.

21 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If you were adding a third (or fourth) person to a stateroom, it could have been that the muster station was full.  There could have been staterooms in different muster stations available.

no actually its labor day weekend cruise and 100% sold out. We tried to break up into 2 rooms and there was nothing at all. That date isnt even listed on the website.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:59 AM, Hammergirl said:

The three rooms are:

Which is the available cabin?

1 hour ago, paradise4me said:

no actually its labor day weekend cruise and 100% sold out. We tried to break up into 2 rooms and there was nothing at all. That date isnt even listed on the website.

Makes sense.

25 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

One bedroom aqua.

Well, that's no help😉

I have found if you go to Royal's site the cabins show sold out.  But if you go to another cruise site to see cabins available they show up.  And the price should be pretty much the same since Royal doesn't allow TA's to discount their cruises.