RCCL Luggage valet or Southwest early check in

abpplh

On 8/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, drrich2 said:

I flew Southwest and used Luggage Valet on our Allure cruise ending Aug. 4th. I use 'early bird' to get a group A boarding assignment to make sure there are overhead bin spaces for our carryons. And decent seat selection.

1.) Before trip, I got the usual Southwest e-mail in advance letting me know I could check-in online in advance.

2.) Signed up for Luggage Valet 1st day it was offered, which was quite early in the cruise.

3.) Was told it'd be the last day before arrival before I got confirmation; worse, it was late into the evening. But it basically worked.

4.) Onboard, having Internet service via Royal, I did not get an advance e-mail from Southwest reminding me check in online starting 24 hours before departure of the plane, got my boarding passes from Luggage Valet, as I didn't check-in online for the return, and our boarding group was still group A (albeit farther back in group A). 

Just in case it helps. 

Why would you get a reminder to ck in if you already had early bird?

Having luggage valet had nothing to do with your boarding number

I flew Southwest and used Luggage Valet on our Allure cruise ending Aug. 4th. I use 'early bird' to get a group A boarding assignment to make sure there are overhead bin spaces for our carryons. And decent seat selection.

1.) Before trip, I got the usual Southwest e-mail in advance letting me know I could check-in online in advance.

2.) Signed up for Luggage Valet 1st day it was offered, which was quite early in the cruise.

3.) Was told it'd be the last day before arrival before I got confirmation; worse, it was late into the evening. But it basically worked.

4.) Onboard, having Internet service via Royal, I did not get an advance e-mail from Southwest reminding me check in online starting 24 hours before departure of the plane, got my boarding passes from Luggage Valet, as I didn't check-in online for the return, and our boarding group was still group A (albeit farther back in group A). 

Just in case it helps. 

delete

Edited by cruisinfanatic

Just in case it helps. 

delete

Edited by cruisinfanatic

On 7-23-19, I got an e-mail fro Southwest that included a 'Check In' yellow button and beside that said "Please note you will only be able to check in within 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure." Within 24 hours of anticipated departure, I logged on this way and checked in. Despite having Early Bird. 

We flew to Ft. Lauderdale Saturday July 27th, and boarded the ship Sunday July 28th. On our return, I never got an e-mail like that. 

I don't know how it typically works; we've been blessed to cruise about once per year and not always where Luggage Valet was a workable option. But I thought the discrepancy was interesting.

15 minutes ago, drrich2 said:

On 7-23-19, I got an e-mail fro Southwest that included a 'Check In' yellow button and beside that said "Please note you will only be able to check in within 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure." Within 24 hours of anticipated departure, I logged on this way and checked in. Despite having Early Bird. 

We flew to Ft. Lauderdale Saturday July 27th, and boarded the ship Sunday July 28th. On our return, I never got an e-mail like that. 

I don't know how it typically works; we've been blessed to cruise about once per year and not always where Luggage Valet was a workable option. But I thought the discrepancy was interesting.

just an email they must send everyone. There  is no reason to check in if you already have paid for early ck in