FLL CRUISE PORT TO FLL AIRPORT - SHUTTLES?

NJ&Ozzie

Hi all,

When you get off ship in FLL cruise - is there a shared shuttle taking you directly to airport?  In Tampa, there's a shared shuttle for $8 to airport. Wondered if FLL has similar type thing.

Thanks!

NJ 

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It should be about $15.00 per taxi not per person and is metered...never a flat rate.

OK - Thanks.  Would you know if there is a shared shuttle from the FLL cruise port to the Miami airport?  Something reasonable.  We can not to Uber, etc. as no U.S. cell phone.

Cheers,

NJ 

18 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

OK - Thanks.  Would you know if there is a shared shuttle from the FLL cruise port to the Miami airport?  Something reasonable.  We can not to Uber, etc. as no U.S. cell phone.

Cheers,

NJ 

If you look down the board, there MANY threads recommending shuttles, but key is that most can't go to MIA airport. So look into QLS, Jiffy Jeff, GO Shuttle. A commonly mentioned shuttle, SAS doesn't serve MIA.

Look into cruise line transfers. Taxi would be one of the more expensive options in this case.

South Florida Shuttles also goes to MIA....Check out their website or call (954) 227-0311. 

Compare prices with cruiseline transfers which I believe is $35.00 + per person to MIA from Port Everglades.

You're original post said to FLL...and why I gave you the taxi price for that....If you're going to MIA from Port Everglades a taxi would be too expensive.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, Ashland said:

South Florida Shuttles also goes to MIA....Check out their website or call (954) 227-0311. 

Compare prices with cruiseline transfers which I believe is $35.00 + per person to MIA from Port Everglades.

You're original post said to FLL...and why I gave you the taxi price for that....If you're going to MIA from Port Everglades a taxi would be too expensive.

Thanks for all the advice & info.  We are arriving Port Everglades & need to be at MIA airport for 5:40 pm flight that evening.  Looks we have to taxi to FLL airport to catch any shuttles to MIA airport.  See that there's a train from there too.  Might be an option since we have lots of time!

Cheers,

NJ 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

See that there's a train from there too.  Might be an option since we have lots of time!

Cheers,

NJ 

Suggest you explore a taxi to the tri rail station nearest the FLL airport...from there take the tri rail to the last (southbound) station which is MIA.  Tri rail fare is in the $5/pp range.

The main hassle with this would be managing your bags, but if you travel light it would be easy.

You can UberX from PE to MIA for about $35-40 for the car.  Since you have most of the day to kill check www.resortpass.com for hotels and resorts offering day passes to their spa, pool and beach facilities. Or Uber to South Beach, store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and enjoy a boozy brunch and people watching before collecting bags and heading to the airport.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, JohninDC said:

You can UberX from PE to MIA for about $35-40 for the car.  Since you have most of the day to kill check www.resortpass.com for hotels and resorts offering day passes to their spa, pool and beach facilities. Or Uber to South Beach, store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and enjoy a boozy brunch and people watching before collecting bags and heading to the airport.

Well, that sounds like the best plan I've heard!  Thanks.

NJ 

3 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Well, that sounds like the best plan I've heard!  Thanks.

NJ 

Well... now with that (5:40pm) time frame it opens up more options for you like JohninDc has suggested.

Hmmm....I think you're on our cruise?