Coco Cay questions for late Aug cruise

megbowlstrike

Hi!  We will be on the Empress of the Seas on Aug 23 and our last port stop is at Coco Cay (I think we will be there on Aug 31).  I've read all I can about it on these boards, but have a couple questions that I couldn't find answers to.

1.  Does Coco Cay have cell phone service?  I have T-Mobile and it works out of the country, so just curious if I'll be able to use it there.

2.  Do you need to bring towels with you from the ship or can you get some on the island?

3.  Is South Beach closed right now?

4.  How can we see the ships that will be in port with us that day?

Thank you in advance for any answers you can provide!

Can't answer all your questions as haven't been there yet.  But according to cruisetimetables, 2 ships-- Empress of the Seas and navigator of the Seas will be in port on 8/31/19.  Both scheduled to arrive at 8 in the morning. 

And according to some July posts South Beach is closed until December 2019.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, crewsweeper said:

Can't answer all your questions as haven't been there yet.  But according to cruisetimetables, 2 ships-- Empress of the Seas and navigator of the Seas will be in port on 8/31/19.  Both scheduled to arrive at 8 in the morning. 

And according to some July posts South Beach is closed until December 2019.

Thank you!  Anyone know the answers to the first two questions?

On 8/14/2019 at 2:02 PM, megbowlstrike said:

2.  Do you need to bring towels with you from the ship or can you get some on the island?

Personally I would bring them from the ship.  I've read they have some on the island but they run out.

Lots of towels at the Island Towel station right by the Oasis Pool. It’s just past Captain Jacks to the left of the pool. I do agree with cruisin crow if there’s two ships calling on CoCoCay, high demand then!! 

18 minutes ago, megbowlstrike said:

Ooh, that's not good.  Which part of the beach/ocean were they in?

Chill Island. Lots of people swimming and only heard of one person getting stung. I was sitting in about two feet of water, and they were around me, but no sting. Lots of folks snorkeling too without an issue. Very small jellyfish. 3” to maybe 5” round....

20 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Chill Island. Lots of people swimming and only heard of one person getting stung. I was sitting in about two feet of water, and they were around me, but no sting. Lots of folks snorkeling too without an issue. Very small jellyfish. 3” to maybe 5” round....

When was this?  We will be at CocoCay on Aug 31...hopefully they're gone by then!  

12 minutes ago, megbowlstrike said:

When was this?  We will be at CocoCay on Aug 31...hopefully they're gone by then!  

I’m here now....walking back to the Mariner. Lots of sun on the bod....ha!