Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Carolina Girl 99

Mariner 2-stop / late night CocoCay announcement

Recommended Posts

From a FB post just a few minutes ago :

 

Royal Caribbean announced it will begin offering select sailings that visit Perfect Day at CocoCay twice, along with late night stays.

Beginning September 30, 2019, Royal Caribbean will offer 4-night itineraries to the private island destination across nearly 40 sailings. Three exclusive cruises also make their debut today.

In addition, three one-of-a-kind cruises with late-night visits to the island will be offered on Navigator of the Seas. Travelers of all ages will have the chance to extend the excitement long after the sun sets with traditional Bahamian-inspired activities, including a Junkanoo Jam Up Party, an island barbeque and performances by a calypso band and fire dancers, topped off with unforgettable farewell fireworks before setting sail.

The new itineraries are available to guests on select Navigator and Mariner of the Seas sailings.

"Perfect Day at CocoCay has revolutionized private destinations in the vacation industry, and the resounding feedback from our guests is that they want more – more time and even more ways to experience the island," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "We’re building on an incredible adventure that’s already winning the hearts of many."

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for those who can't be in the sun , for those who do not like the beach/sand and those who don't do the zip lining, slides and such.  But definitely better than Nassa I guess???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CocoCay - Nassau - CocoCay. No sea days, twice as many opportunities to upsell shoreside activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Not for those who can't be in the sun , for those who do not like the beach/sand and those who don't do the zip lining, slides and such.  But definitely better than Nassa I guess???

We are not beach people either, but just spent a day at CoCoCay and didn’t leave the Oasis Lagoon pool. Fabulous, shady spots, lots of seats in the water and along the islands, only 3.5 ft deep for the most part, pool bar, a ton of loungers and umbrellas, tram from ship to the end of pier and from end of pier around the entire island. We would definitely go there again. 

 

096C70BF-1777-48F5-986C-BDB075CC2F66.jpeg

9BC2423F-B760-468E-AAB6-E078F3672E2D.jpeg

E37C2CF9-949E-411A-8D0E-9588DAAD34C7.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No sea days!!!!  I just checked your correct, that is horrible!  I was going to book her in another couple of weeks for May, now I won't be going.  I am sure the Casino Royale not happy too....I love sea days....Mariner out for me. ugh!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems fun to be there at night and have beach parties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

No sea days!!!!  I just checked your correct, that is horrible!  I was going to book her in another couple of weeks for May, now I won't be going.  I am sure the Casino Royale not happy too....I love sea days....Mariner out for me. ugh!!

We're already booked for October and our sea day got taken away 😭 I'm trying to be optimistic about lounging on the beach with a book versus lounging on the ship.

 

12 minutes ago, Pratique said:

CocoCay - Nassau - CocoCay. No sea days, twice as many opportunities to upsell shoreside activities.

 Ain't that the truth. Excursion prices are already double what I saw when I booked. If they think they're gonna get it out of me again they're mad, but I'm sure there are people that will pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't you lounge on the ship? no one makes you go on shore. 

But I agree about activities. I do not like being held captive to their prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My sister/brother in law are currently on the Empress, they docked there just two days ago and loved it.  The buffet there was the same as on the ship, not just the basic hot dogs, burgers, fries and such.  They also mentioned about the large bar which they said is larger than what it appears in the photos and the good thing is the drink package is accepted there.....  I doubt he would go on the Mariner now....which maybe its time for me to think about a second land based trip to Aruba next year?

 

Booplesnoople-  I guess thats a way to see things, lounge on the beach instead of the ship.  The good thing about going in October is that the kids are in school....less kids running around and such.  

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruisegirl6 said:

Booplesnoople-  I guess thats a way to see things, lounge on the beach instead of the ship.  The good thing about going in October is that the kids are in school....less kids running around and such.  

That's the idea, I hope. 

 

13 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Why can't you lounge on the ship? no one makes you go on shore. 

But I agree about activities. I do not like being held captive to their prices.

With just about everything being shut down it would be better to get off and hang around on the island. I was looking forward to the day at sea and being surrounded by water, but an extra beach day isn't the end of the world. First world problems am I right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, booplesnoople said:

That's the idea, I hope. 

 

With just about everything being shut down it would be better to get off and hang around on the island. I was looking forward to the day at sea and being surrounded by water, but an extra beach day isn't the end of the world. First world problems am I right?

 

I think you will like it. I was not excited about it but it seems to have very positive reveiws

On a different note, I just went and looked at all the Navigator cruises for late night sailings and they do not exist yet..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find anything really wrong with this. 

 

Sea day = sitting around a tiny swimming pool and drinking frozen drinks while fighting to find a chair to sit in.  Watching some line dance, and belly flop contest and possibly donating some money in the casino.

 

Extra day at Coco Cay = sitting around very big swimming pools with a swim up bar, and not having to fight the chair hogs all day.  Most likely the casino will be open which I have been on RCCL ships, where the casino was open in the Bahamas since it is a Bahamas flagged ship. 

 

So the only difference?  More chairs, bigger bar.  How is this a bad thing?  I like sea days, but this is almost like a sea day but better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, booplesnoople said:

That's the idea, I hope. 

 

With just about everything being shut down it would be better to get off and hang around on the island. I was looking forward to the day at sea and being surrounded by water, but an extra beach day isn't the end of the world. First world problems am I right?

Not to be silly, but this is an island so you are surrounded by water!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I can't find anything really wrong with this. 

 

Sea day = sitting around a tiny swimming pool and drinking frozen drinks while fighting to find a chair to sit in.  Watching some line dance, and belly flop contest and possibly donating some money in the casino.

 

Extra day at Coco Cay = sitting around very big swimming pools with a swim up bar, and not having to fight the chair hogs all day.  Most likely the casino will be open which I have been on RCCL ships, where the casino was open in the Bahamas since it is a Bahamas flagged ship

 

So the only difference?  More chairs, bigger bar.  How is this a bad thing?  I like sea days, but this is almost like a sea day but better. 

On our  past few cruises to the new Coco Cay, the casino was closed when the ship was  DOCKED. 

 

Most everything on the ship  ( except the spa, WJ and a few bars) will likely  be closed  when at Coco Cay

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am suspecting that there will often be two ships there.  Not an Oasis Class, but  ships such as the  Navigator and Mariner . 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am suspecting that there will often be two ships there.  Not an Oasis Class, but  ships such as the  Navigator and Mariner . 

M

I have a sneaking suspicion you're right, but I've not seen changes to any port schedules yet to confirm. Might just be too early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

They're already planning on having Mariner and Navigator together there at the same time on their 3 day runs.  

 

http://crew-center.com/coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ship-schedule-2019

Mariner stands alone on the first day we were scheduled to stop there (Oct 29) and there's nobody scheduled at all for our day 2 (Oct 31) so I have high hopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is both on Mariner and Navigator for select sailings. If I had a 4 night booked and it had 2 days in CocoCay I would be in HEAVEN!  Will take a beach day over a sea day any day of the week.  Wished they left me in CocoCay for 2 nights on a 3 night cruise instead of going to Nassau!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm giving my email some serious side-eye right now because the "hey we changed your itinerary!" email from RCI *JUST* hit. 😒 I've known for a hot minute thanks RCI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

No sea days!!!!  I just checked your correct, that is horrible!  I was going to book her in another couple of weeks for May, now I won't be going.  I am sure the Casino Royale not happy too....I love sea days....Mariner out for me. ugh!!

It's too late for me! I just checked my cruise planner for the September 30th sailing and the itinerary has been changed. Here is the heading of my Cruise Planner now: image.thumb.png.0c78c66a52bd30acee5fcb8173646053.png

 

 I am very disappointed, since I am probably in the minority of people who actually cruise for the sake of sailing on a ship with all the swaying, the wind, the feeling of being out of sight of land, etc. I don't see how this is any different than a floating resort now. I'm sure I will still enjoy myself but this is the last itinerary I will ever select that doesn't include multiple sea days, just in case they do something like this again in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CocoCay is really nice, if you have never been there. Last Saturday we were with the family and rented a cabana at the Waterpark. The family had lots of fun at the Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday we were back at CocoCay and just hung out at Captain Jack’s Bar and Grill. Very laid back. Paid for lunch, wings were good. Then we went back to the ship and hung out. 

38CE4234-8CCB-4507-AB74-2437CA263ED0.jpeg

8BD17E77-C722-48ED-B17D-232FDE287EF7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

From a FB post just a few minutes ago :

 

Royal Caribbean announced it will begin offering select sailings that visit Perfect Day at CocoCay twice, along with late night stays.

Beginning September 30, 2019, Royal Caribbean will offer 4-night itineraries to the private island destination across nearly 40 sailings. Three exclusive cruises also make their debut today.

In addition, three one-of-a-kind cruises with late-night visits to the island will be offered on Navigator of the Seas. Travelers of all ages will have the chance to extend the excitement long after the sun sets with traditional Bahamian-inspired activities, including a Junkanoo Jam Up Party, an island barbeque and performances by a calypso band and fire dancers, topped off with unforgettable farewell fireworks before setting sail.

The new itineraries are available to guests on select Navigator and Mariner of the Seas sailings.

"Perfect Day at CocoCay has revolutionized private destinations in the vacation industry, and the resounding feedback from our guests is that they want more – more time and even more ways to experience the island," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "We’re building on an incredible adventure that’s already winning the hearts of many."

 

 

 

 

That's not from FB. It's verbatim copy and paste from here: https://is.gd/iKycLm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...