Cruise Critic Community
luv2cruise2thebeach

Still Can't Decide Which Beach

We are on the Carnival Inspiration and dock in St. Kitts on September 25.  My wife and I are big beach people and can't decide which beach is best for us.  We like soft sand, clear water and a drink in our hand.  We have narrowed it down to Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar), the Mariott, or Pinneys Beach on Nevis.  One of the biggest issues I am having is deciding on whether a water taxi, plus a land taxi to get us to Pinneys Beach is worth it.  Is the beach there that much better than the beaches on St. Kitts?

The water taxis usually go between the end of the SE Peninsula(Reggae Beach) over to Oualie Beach on Nevis. You would need a land taxi to get to Reggae Beach & return as well as a taxi from Oualie Beach to Pinneys Beach and return. The passenger ferries go between Basseterre on St Kitts to Charlestown on Nevis.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, luv2cruise2thebeach said:

We are on the Carnival Inspiration and dock in St. Kitts on September 25.  My wife and I are big beach people and can't decide which beach is best for us.  We like soft sand, clear water and a drink in our hand.  We have narrowed it down to Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar), the Mariott, or Pinneys Beach on Nevis.  One of the biggest issues I am having is deciding on whether a water taxi, plus a land taxi to get us to Pinneys Beach is worth it.  Is the beach there that much better than the beaches on St. Kitts?

If you decide to stay on St. Kitts Cockleshell Beach is a great beach, Marriott always a winner. I'd stick with one or the other. Have fun!!

We are going a bit before you and I am leaning towards the Marriott.  However, really would like to take the hell ride to the other end of the island.

You can do both depending on what time your ship ports. Do the up 3 mountains and down 4 others "hell ride" as you call it early in the morning. Make it perfectly clear to your taxi driver on the way back you want to be dropped off at the Marriott by noon to be picked up at the Marriott at 4pm with your ship leaving at 5pm. That's easily 4 hours at the Marriott for your $35 day pass fee. 

I'm getting off the ship going to the Marriott first making it PERFECTLY CLEAR to my taxi driver to be back at 1:30 to pick me up and drop me off at Palm Court Gardens(6 minute ride or less) then at 4pm pick me back up and take me to the port, I'm doing both, you can too. Makes for a great day. Have fun!! 

Hi! We are in St Kitts in April 2020. How do you get the resort pass? From the Marriott directly? We were going to book a phantom room, but I’d prefer not to do so. Thank you in advance! 

Take a taxi to the Marriott from the port and go to the desk and tell them you want a day pass. Cheaper than from the "Resort for the Day" online option.