Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
grigosha

SkyRide got cancelled on Carnival Vista Aug 24 2019 sailing

Recommended Posts

No conspiracy theories. It's more common than you might think that a person has multiple accounts, especially if they get banned. I've seen someone get their username banned, came back with a new one, got banned again, came back with a third one, and got banned yet again. And nothing against users from Canada, but the fact is, there aren't too many users from there in the Carnival forum. So when three of them all post basically the same thing in the same day, it tends to raise a red flag. After having been inundated with threads and posts about this topic all day from people who are all saying the same thing and making the same demands of Carnival, I hope you can understand why some of us have reacted a certain way. I don't need to re-read any of your posts, but thanks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, grigosha said:

@Organized Chaos I truly, truly could not make sense of your question/statement.

Post count stats with  conspiracy theory on posts deleted and Canada's role in the whole thing. 🙂 

Take it easy my friend, we need cruises to forget what's coming in November. 

 

All I was [originally] frustrated with is SkyRide closure, read posts #1 and #3. At post #23 I stated that the issue is exhausted.

What's coming in November??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, grigosha said:

Take it easy my friend, we need cruises to forget what's coming in November. 

Winter is coming....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rvsullivan said:

How old are your kids that you allow them to be the decision makers for your family cruises? And what kind of compensation do you think the kids should get?

 

I bet your a blast at parties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to be compensated for reading this thread.  I am a Cool Cruiser and spend my time here and in another forum 50/50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't let your kids select your cruises and if you believe that if the bicycle ride is down for maintenance you deserve something you have another thing coming ...... Don't cruise the world for 2 minute sky ride bicycle entertainment . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Mods, is it time to lock this thread?

 

I guess if you think so, then report the very first post. Or you could just skip the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Don't let your kids select your cruises and if you believe that if the bicycle ride is down for maintenance you deserve something you have another thing coming ...... Don't cruise the world for 2 minute sky ride bicycle entertainment . 

Cruise critics are on-offence! Sorry, but I can't take parential advise from an internet persona.

 

Mods, please lock this down!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so hilarious to see the ridiculous replies to this topic.   Get real people.  OP stated it was the reason the cruise was chosen.. so many are so quick to babble oh you let your children decide? oh you expect Carnival to move mountains.  NO, Neither!

 

The reality is we all have family vacations and consider EVERYONE in the family.  Gone are the days when children were seen but not heard.     Vacations are chosen for various reasons, and that INCLUDES the attractions one may or may want to see, the skyride, in this case, being the attraction.   

 

Would you insist on going to Disney if most of the family wanted Sea World?    Would you buy you children blue or red or green, if they wanted yellow, in a shirt?  Of course not.

 

Most of you need to get off the mightier than thou mountain, chillax,   relax, and be fair.   A decision was made for a particular reason.  I remember taking my newphew on a cruise, he was 7.   He was SOOOOOO excited for the skyride.   Would he had been disappointed if it was out of service? YES

 

I recently did a cruise on Royal Caribbean  and   i, as a 57 year old adult who has done in excess of 70 cruises,  would have been extremely disappointed had the North Star been out of service.  In fact, I was bummed the one day it was down due to wind.. ( even though i had the rest of my cruise to do it)

 

So a child being disappointed because something they were looking forward to it totally normal and ok, just as it is for us adults.  Its called being human, but too many rather mouth off with bs that relax and look at the simple post the OP made,  disappointment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a simple bicycle ride is down for maintenance as often as these things appear to be, how well is the roller coaster going to behave on the new boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ImANewfie could not imagine a better response - thanks! I am just another dad who will travel alone with two boys who deserve to get their portion of fun. Was just trying to avoid possible disappointments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ImANewfie said:

so hilarious to see the ridiculous replies to this topic.   Get real people.  OP stated it was the reason the cruise was chosen.. so many are so quick to babble oh you let your children decide? oh you expect Carnival to move mountains.  NO, Neither!

 

The reality is we all have family vacations and consider EVERYONE in the family.  Gone are the days when children were seen but not heard.     Vacations are chosen for various reasons, and that INCLUDES the attractions one may or may want to see, the skyride, in this case, being the attraction.   

 

Would you insist on going to Disney if most of the family wanted Sea World?    Would you buy you children blue or red or green, if they wanted yellow, in a shirt?  Of course not.

 

Most of you need to get off the mightier than thou mountain, chillax,   relax, and be fair.   A decision was made for a particular reason.  I remember taking my newphew on a cruise, he was 7.   He was SOOOOOO excited for the skyride.   Would he had been disappointed if it was out of service? YES

 

I recently did a cruise on Royal Caribbean  and   i, as a 57 year old adult who has done in excess of 70 cruises,  would have been extremely disappointed had the North Star been out of service.  In fact, I was bummed the one day it was down due to wind.. ( even though i had the rest of my cruise to do it)

 

So a child being disappointed because something they were looking forward to it totally normal and ok, just as it is for us adults.  Its called being human, but too many rather mouth off with bs that relax and look at the simple post the OP made,  disappointment

Disappointment is and may be expected, to compensate 4 thousand people monetarily due to mechanical issues is unreasonable. Does Cedar Pointe or Disney Land throw cash at everyone if one of their roller coasters is down? No ..... So people telling the OP that it's not reasonable is not off base in the least. There are cruises that miss entire ports and you get $15 back in port fees. How much do you want for the SkyRide? $1.50? 

Edited by tallnthensome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode the ski ride and was underwhelmed for what I waited for - maybe I can be compensated??

 

I guess it can be a draw but like everything else it can break. Lesson learned here - book a cruise that you want to be on for multiple reasons so if one is not there you aren’t upset. If the SkyRide is down you are basically sailing on a dream class (like) ship. Still plenty to do. 

 

Enjoy whatever you do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tallnthensome My consern had three parties involved: me, my children and Carnival. Now you want me to do cost elasticity analysis on $1.50 for 4000 people to sympathise with the business? This is a job for analysts at Carnival and exactly a product of why no refund has been offered. I am writing this in humorous mood, don't get this seriously.

 

On a serious note, if safety is a consern, the liability claims would run exponentially higher than a possible cost of repairs, or G-d forbid, someone could get hurt. If I am correct RE: safety, they are doing the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there time to scrap this thing from the panorama. Maybe they should put something else there like a....(fill in the blank). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm booked on the Vista in early November because I won a free cruise with the slot tournament.  But one of things I'm really looking forward to is the Sky Ride. I sure hope they get these issues figured out before then. I'm an avid biker, but even more-so, I'm thinking the view and thrills while riding would be pretty cool.

 

OP - I would be bummed for my kids too. I can't imagine Carnival can compensate everyone on the ship for this, but a nice email or letter apologizing for the closure would be nice.

 

As for the rude posts - Ignore, ignore, ignore.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

I'm booked on the Vista in early November because I won a free cruise with the slot tournament.  But one of things I'm really looking forward to is the Sky Ride. I sure hope they get these issues figured out before then. I'm an avid biker, but even more-so, I'm thinking the view and thrills while riding would be pretty cool.

 

OP - I would be bummed for my kids too. I can't imagine Carnival can compensate everyone on the ship for this, but a nice email or letter apologizing for the closure would be nice.

 

As for the rude posts - Ignore, ignore, ignore.....

 

Don’t get your hopes too high. The view is about what you get doing the ropes course, meaning you can look down on people walking or golfing below you. As for thrill — well, it’s pretty tame. Just something different to do once to say you have. That’s all. Cool but not thrilling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

I'm booked on the Vista in early November because I won a free cruise with the slot tournament.  But one of things I'm really looking forward to is the Sky Ride. I sure hope they get these issues figured out before then. I'm an avid biker, but even more-so, I'm thinking the view and thrills while riding would be pretty cool.

 

OP - I would be bummed for my kids too. I can't imagine Carnival can compensate everyone on the ship for this, but a nice email or letter apologizing for the closure would be nice.

 

As for the rude posts - Ignore, ignore, ignore.....

 

 

They did send out emails apologizing for it, but for the ones who created all these threads today, that wasn't good enough. All of them want some form of compensation. Free excursion, a cabin upgrade, say they're never sailing Carnival again, on-shore discounts, OBC. Heck, one of them even said they were going to go ahead and go on the cruise, but would contact their lawyer to get a refund afterwards. Let me repeat that...they said they'd go on the cruise, then take legal action to get a refund because one feature on the ship is closed. All of these things in the span of a day. Some of this is coming from people who literally created CC accounts just to complain about this and to say they deserve compensation. It's not the fact that people are disappointed. There's nothing wrong with that. But it goes way beyond that. They're flat-out ticked off over this and say they deserve compensation. A few people out of a few thousand passengers on the ship, all of whom have to go without this ride. They can't all be compensated, so what makes one more deserving than others? So I'm sorry, but they brought the comments on themselves. I love Guy's Burgers. I look forward to them for months leading up to a cruise. If I got a notice that Guy's would be closed for some reason during our cruise, yeah I'd be disappointed, but it's just one thing out of many on a cruise ship. I wouldn't deserve compensation for something that's relatively minor compared to everything else that's available. I too look forward to trying the SkyRide when we're on the Horizon next year, but if by chance they don't have all these problems figured out and they decide to give up on it, so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, grigosha said:

@Organized Chaos I truly, truly could not make sense of your question/statement.

Said literally no one ever. Organized Chaos' posts aren't convoluted so I find it hard to believe you find their posts to be lackluster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grigosha said:

Cruise critics are on-offence! Sorry, but I can't take parential advise from an internet persona.

 

Mods, please lock this down!

Haha the same person who throws the bait gets baited, and calls foul!

 

Anyway, on my Horizon sailing in June of 2018, the SkyRide was closed. Honestly it wasn't a big deal after a while, since I was having a blast without it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ImANewfie said:

Gone are the days when children were seen but not heard.

I question your knowledge on the representation on kids.

 

6 hours ago, ImANewfie said:

Would you insist on going to Disney if most of the family wanted Sea World?

But are the children paying for it? If they contribute, then go ahead, do exactly what they say. If not, they will go or do wherever or whatever the parent wants to go or do. Unfortunately, as one my self, minors do not control their parents.

 

Edited by jbethel11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, grigosha said:

I am writing this in humorous mood, don't get this seriously.

You should have specified, as other posters who endeavor similar requests, who are in fact serious.

Edited by jbethel11
Grammatical error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Is there time to scrap this thing from the panorama. Maybe they should put something else there like a....(fill in the blank). 

No time. And realistically speaking, it would be virtually impossible to destruct the already constructed SkyRide then sketch, design, manufacture and assemble a product of similar weight and size in approximately 3 months. Hypothetically speaking, they could extend the ropes course to circle around the funnel, but that is also susceptible to breaking/the wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...