Hotel in Barcelona

Shadow1000

if you look on the next page theres a lengthy thread about hotel suggestions for Barcelona.

Most people suggest staying within a few blocks of Placa Catalunya.

We're staying at the Hotel Lleo; it's 2 blocks off Las Ramblas and 2 blocks from Placa Catalunya, so we have easy access to Metro, the Market, and the Gothic District, and the Aerobus from the airport.  Booked it a yr ago so it was very economical.

1 hour ago, Shadow1000 said:

Could anyone give me any information on hotels in  Barcelona?   We are flying in two days early before our cruise on the EPIC.   Any information would be helpful.  As for cost we are flexible..   Thanks

We LOVED Hotel 1898 right on Las Ramblas!

• Like 1

Three years ago, we stayed for three extra days after disembarking in BCN.  We stayed at a smallish, boutique hotel right on La Rambla in Placa Reial.  It is the Hotel DO Placa Reial.  We knew we were in a good place when we were comfortably seated and given glasses of Cava as we were checked in.  We loved it though it is one of the priciest.  Excellent restaurants on site, including breakfasts.  You can find the details on TripAdvisor.

This is great information.  I'm sailing on EPIC in September 2020.  The travel agent recommended Tryp Barcelona Apolo Hotel. I looked at Trip Advisor and the reviews were mixed.  Does anyone on this board recommend it?