Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
PelicanBill

NOAA updates season chance of above-normal storm activity

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

here's the article

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/noaa-increases-chance-for-above-normal-hurricane-season

But amazingly we've had a very quiet 2 past weeks in the Atlantic, Central Pacific and eastern Pacific.

Cross your fingers.  And silly me, I booked a cruise in October again.

And silly us - our group booked a cruise in mid-September.    Our TA claims that very few hurricanes reach New England.   I sure hope he's right!

17 hours ago, skoeper said:

And silly us - our group booked a cruise in mid-September.    Our TA claims that very few hurricanes reach New England.   I sure hope he's right!

Well I will agree with your TA... and tell you about my Breakaway Cruise to Bermuda from NYC that didn't happen.  We waited in NYC an extra day before sailing to let one hurricane pass by us... to New England...  and then hugged the coast to avoid another that was buzzing Bermuda... and then went to New England...  that was in October 2016.  In both cases they whizzed through as only a nuisance though.

7 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Well I will agree with your TA... and tell you about my Breakaway Cruise to Bermuda from NYC that didn't happen.  We waited in NYC an extra day before sailing to let one hurricane pass by us... to New England...  and then hugged the coast to avoid another that was buzzing Bermuda... and then went to New England...  that was in October 2016.  In both cases they whizzed through as only a nuisance though.

Well, that's good to know!   Even if it's rainy, that's ok.   To me, the ship is the high point of a cruise, not the ports.   Weird, I know.

23 minutes ago, skoeper said:

Well, that's good to know!   Even if it's rainy, that's ok.   To me, the ship is the high point of a cruise, not the ports.   Weird, I know.

LOL. I've come to appreciate the ship as an equal part of my cruise with the ports since 2 of my last 4 cruises were not at all what I booked!

I really appreciate the information you provide.  We always cruise in the fall so I haunt the Hurricane Zone in the weeks before we sail. This year its Carnival Glory out of NOLA Sept 1.  So far, so good!

On 8/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, keywest1 said:

I really appreciate the information you provide.  We always cruise in the fall so I haunt the Hurricane Zone in the weeks before we sail. This year its Carnival Glory out of NOLA Sept 1.  So far, so good!

You're welcome!  Yes... September 1...  getting close and good so far.  We love the Glory. My daughter was 5 and had learned to read. So she read the menu to order her own food and she chose: Grilled Cheese. French fries. Beer.

LOL