Cruise Critic Community
beshears

Horizon deck and room question

I know Carnival Horizon is a large ship, and we plan to take it in March.  Since it is a large ship, is there any deck outside that will go through from one end to the other? If there is no deck outside, how about deck inside the ship going from one end to the other?  As you can guess, I like to walk!

We will be on deck 6, room 6205 at the end of the ship, which is an obstructed window.  If you have been in that room (there is a video out on it, and I liked what I saw), I believe it has the deck right next to it.  My question, if we open the curtain to look out, I know we can see out, but can people see us in our room as well?

I believe someone mentioned about a secret deck on the Horizon.  Which deck is it?  Yes, I know once you let me know, it won't be a secret anymore. 🙂

If I remember correctly it is Deck 4 that allows you the furthest distance for walking outside from one end to another.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't go from end to end, but if you just want to walk for exercise, Horizon does have a walking track on deck 12, aft.

"Secret" decks are just observation decks on the front of the ship. Oftentimes they're not well known, hence the secret. On Horizon, they're on decks 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14. The one on deck 9 is accessed from the one on deck 10. Just go all the way to the front of these decks and there will be a set of exit doors. I never know what websites they allow us to link to on here, so if you want to see a map how to get to them, do a google search for "carnival secret decks" and it should be the first search result. Since they are on the very front of the ship, I think they might close them off on days that are too windy. Shhh don't tell anyone about them, it'll be our little secret. 😉

Edited by Organized Chaos

There's a video on YouTube about the area on deck 14.  On our sailaway out of NYC last August, there were about 10 people there.

Thanks for your replies about the "secret" decks.  Actually, I'm thinking I may have one directly in front of my room, since someone mentioned one of the decks is on deck 6 in front, and my room is 6205.🙂

I appreciate you telling me about the track for walking also.  I'm "thinking," since we are at the front of the ship, we will probably get plenty of walking, just getting to the elevators.🙂

Yep, you're right, you're cabin window looks out onto one of these decks. Just go out your door and make a quick U-turn to the left.

uc?export=download&id=1SAZnBv7vA4Izu9JWf

Thank you Organized Chaos. I just hope this room turns out to be as good as I'm "thinking" it will be. 🙂

On 8/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, beshears said:

My question, if we open the curtain to look out, I know we can see out, but can people see us in our room as well?

🙂

During the day, no.  The windows are darkened.  You will see people that don't realize that it's a cabin, will put their faces to the window with their hands cupped around their head to look in.  I have seen that several times.  At night, if your curtains are open and your lights are on, you can see in without any trouble.  They do request that you leave your curtains closed at night so that your cabin lights don't interfere with navigation.

RWolver672, thank you for answering my question about the obstructed Ocean view window that we will have.  That makes me happy that we "can" open the curtain and still see out. 🙂