Cococay Bungalow experience on Monday

I reserved a Cococay Bungalow on South Beach and received the notice it was moved to Chill Island a couple weeks prior to sailing. Be aware the newest map circulating is still not current with regard to Bungalow numbers. Our suite concierge showed me a photo taken by drone with new numbers and explained there was no new printed map yet. I asked for a front row bungalow once on board and received one.  I was told by the shore excursion desk that they are assigned based on the order on which they are purchased. My biggest takeaway from the day is you really don't need one. Especially if you are the only ship docked that day. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas, and spots everywhere on the island. Because we wanted to try out several areas we actually didn't use it that much. There is just too much stuff to do and you will have to get your own food (and sometimes drinks) anyway. We ended up finishing the day at Captain Jacks listening to guitarist Jimmy Blakemore (love him) who used to perform in the pub on the Allure. I regret getting one because honestly we didn't even need it. My college age kids found a spot on the beach and had better drink service and a prettier spot than us. The bungalow and cabana area is just too crowded since they moved them all together so save your money for something else and enjoy everything the island has to offer!

• Like 2