Cruise Critic Community
Treacher1

Aqua Class disappointment - Summit

Looking at pictures of the revolutionized Summit - it appears that the multi nozzle showers were replaced with regular showers.  We always thought this was one of the best features of Aqua class  -  all those streams in the shower were so relaxing after a busy day out and about - shame they replaced them?   Am I correct - have they been changed out for a regular hand held without all the extra features?  Bad decision.

Yes, the jetted shower heads are gone.  They have been replaced with a ring/halo shaped shower head.  We found it disappointing.  Washing shampoo or conditioner  out my of hair wasn’t a quick task.

We're on our first Celebrity sailing and hence our first Aquaclass.  We've heard nothing but amazing things about AQ and are very excited to try it.  Since we haven't done it before, we won't miss what has been taken away, but what else is different?  Just in case I'm expecting something based on what I've heard, that won't be there...LOL 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Yes, the jetted shower heads are gone.  They have been replaced with a ring/halo shaped shower head.  We found it disappointing.  Washing shampoo or conditioner  out my of hair wasn’t a quick task.

This is terrible!

We used the body jets for every shower.... AND if I wanted a quick rinse off without messing hair/blow out..those body jets were important! 

Sheesh.... no modern luxury and now the "spa" rooms have nothing to make them different IN the cabins

Posted (edited)

Those AQ showers cost me a small fortune because when we got home we had to renovate our bathroom with a similar system but with even more Jets and very expensive Italian engeneering

To the poster who said they don’t use the jets well you don’t have to use them you could just use the showerhead it doesn’t make any difference.

We loved the jets 

Edited by A Sixth?

Seems every time I read about another change with Celebrity, they are taking away something I like or charging me more for something.  Very frustrating.  They are mostly little things, but they add up.  Yes, I know companies need to make money or they wouldn't stay in business.  But the economy is good and lots of people are sailing but this process continues.  Nothing but greed.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

To the poster who said they don’t use the jets well you don’t have to use them you could just use the showerhead it doesn’t make any difference.

We loved the jets 

Guess what? We also have them at home and don’t use them there either 😉

Installed them as a design feature only.

Aqua Class is great. For us the main and almost only reason to book Aqua is Blu. We love the intimate and less rushed atmosphere and the personal service. 

So the removal of a few jets in the shower won’t ruin our love for Aqua.

Edited by Miaminice

Our first Aqua experience was about 5 years ago on Silhouette and the body jets in the showers were wonderful.  We actually liked that feature more than Blu. Our next experience was on Summit a year and half later and what a disappointment.  Everyone in our group said the pressure in the body jets was non-existent.  We chalked it up to the M-Class cabins had the jets added where the S-class were built with them.  But then, lo and behold, we were on Reflection a year later and the jets didn't operate properly in our cabin.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they will be removing them across the fleet.  Disappointed to see them go, but not nearly as disappointed when I booked an Aqua Class stateroom for the jets and they don't work.

Posted (edited)

We had this system on the Edge in AQ.  We are redoing our bathroom and my wife wanted the shower system.

Looked into it and it would cost us close to $5000.   We were told by our local plumbing shop that it is a European system being that they will invest a lot of money in their showers and will take them out when they move.   It is like hooking up a faucet, it has two connections and I am sure that is why they are on the ship.   If there is a problem it can easily be replaced in a few minutes. 

Waterfall, rain, jets and spray wand. We loved it.  The jets weren’t adjustable.   It is a Bossini.   You can see the website bossini.it     I think the price was 2500 and was willing to pay it but then learned that  the price was Euros and as said would cost about $5000 US for the one with the mixing valve

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

08BDD024-DD75-4E7D-97B8-521F29570198.png

Edited by miched

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

Looking at pictures of the revolutionized Summit - it appears that the multi nozzle showers were replaced with regular showers.  We always thought this was one of the best features of Aqua class  -  all those streams in the shower were so relaxing after a busy day out and about - shame they replaced them?   Am I correct - have they been changed out for a regular hand held without all the extra features?  Bad decision.

Darn...and it is going to be our first time in Aqua 🙂   (I think you know who this is....your friendly Viking Sky survivor.....changed my username recently)   Nothing like "cutting corners" when revolutionizing I guess.... Oh well...still looking forward to it but most importantly hoping for CALM SEAS!!! I think we deserve it?

Edited by OnTheJourney

43 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Darn...and it is going to be our first time in Aqua 🙂   (I think you know who this is....your friendly Viking Sky survivor.....changed my username recently)   Nothing like "cutting corners" when revolutionizing I guess.... Oh well...still looking forward to it but most importantly hoping for CALM SEAS!!! I think we deserve it?

You do indeed deserve calm seas, enjoy your cruise.  We’ve sailed AQ often and the shower was fun the first few times but no big deal after that.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I suppose the quality of the shower is probably the least of our worries....still....the multi-jets did sound nice!  I'm more concerned with how I'll react if I see people not paying attention during the muster drill. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yeah, I suppose the quality of the shower is probably the least of our worries....still....the multi-jets did sound nice!  I'm more concerned with how I'll react if I see people not paying attention during the muster drill. 

Sadly, good luck with people paying attention during the muster drill.  My advice is to get to your muster station early.  We’ve sailed Viking Ocean the last two years and were eyes wide opened with what happened on the Sky.  When our upcoming Cultural Cuban Cruise was canceled on Sky we were disappointed but after what we read about your cruise, not so much.

Edited by Oville

Posted (edited)

I swear I'll have to bite my tongue to prevent from going off on someone during that drill. I will never look at another one the same way. Getting there early could have the advantage of being in front and not having to observe any misbehavior from farther back...is this sort of what you're saying??  Nothing wrong with the Sky per se - well, other than not enough oil in the tanks for that sailing - but I still question the decision of the captain (or higher up?) to sail into a bomb cyclone they KNEW was coming. Oh well..I have taken this thread way off course! 

Edited by OnTheJourney

30 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Can anyone confirm if the Equinox Aqua Class cabins also had the body sprays removed?  Is Equinox like Summit?

While I don't know if Equinox has had the jets removed, I can say that Equinox is an S-class ship and Summit is an M-class ship, so they are quite different.

Never used the jets and hated fiddling with all the controls.  The AQ class showers on EDGE were also non jet and tricky..but we preferred them!

11 hours ago, ShawninFL said:

Our first Aqua experience was about 5 years ago on Silhouette and the body jets in the showers were wonderful.  We actually liked that feature more than Blu. Our next experience was on Summit a year and half later and what a disappointment.  Everyone in our group said the pressure in the body jets was non-existent.  We chalked it up to the M-Class cabins had the jets added where the S-class were built with them.  But then, lo and behold, we were on Reflection a year later and the jets didn't operate properly in our cabin.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they will be removing them across the fleet.  Disappointed to see them go, but not nearly as disappointed when I booked an Aqua Class stateroom for the jets and they don't work.

On Infinity (M class) we had an AQ room and the pressure was amazing. We were shocked how the water pressure was so good and plenty of hot water etc. 

Perhaps it was it was in one of the AQ rooms AFT that was added in years back..? idk

We are sailing Equinox shortly on B2B and will see what happened with the "modified" revolution. First week in AQ - second in Concierge. 

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

On Infinity (M class) we had an AQ room and the pressure was amazing. We were shocked how the water pressure was so good and plenty of hot water etc. 

Perhaps it was it was in one of the AQ rooms AFT that was added in years back..? idk

We are sailing Equinox shortly on B2B and will see what happened with the "modified" revolution. First week in AQ - second in Concierge. 

Can you report back on what has happened to Equinox Aqua Class showers once you are onboard?  Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Can you report back on what has happened to Equinox Aqua Class showers once you are onboard?  Thanks in advance!

Yes I will. I'll follow this thread to remind me