Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You reminded me. I found out what that thing was about. It’s something called the running of the bulls. The plastic bat wielding skaters are roller derby girls.

https://www.neworleans.com/event/running-of-the-bulls/3298/

I was gonna ask if it was a roller queen parade, but then I saw the guys in white. Of course, now their white outfits with red sashes make more sense ... Well, NOLA sense.

1 minute ago, Amadawn1 said:

If you've tried both, how would you compare the Cowboy versus the Filet?  I tend to be an "adventurous" filet every single time I dine at the steakhouse.  I need to get out of my comfort zone.

Normally I’m a filet person at a steakhouse but I believe it was @Jamman54 that had the cowboy steak in his review and it looked so good. I had to try it. I really liked it. That was a big piece of meat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pamici said:

Algiers Point looked interesting, I was only there for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning. Have you been?

Yes. I’d like to get there one morning to watch a ship come in but they’ve been coming in too early when I’ve been here. 

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Did you see the old gas station?

I don't think so. We walked from the ferry landing through some neighborhood streets and a park to a little breakfast place. I'll need to go back through my albums. Your Lafitte's video brought back memories, though. This whole thread has been awesome.

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Normally I’m a filet person at a steakhouse but I believe it was @Jamman54 that had the cowboy steak in his review and it looked so good. I had to try it. I really liked it. That was a big piece of meat.

We have two Steakhouse reservations on the 9/28 Magic sailing.  Gonna try the cowboy steak at least one of those two nights.

Just now, pamici said:

I don't think so. We walked from the ferry landing through some neighborhood streets and a park to a little breakfast place. I'll need to go back through my albums. Your Lafitte's video brought back memories, though. This whole thread has been awesome.

That gas station was used in the movie Ray about Ray Charles when they were in “Houston.”

1 minute ago, Amadawn1 said:

We have two Steakhouse reservations on the 9/28 Magic sailing.  Gonna try the cowboy steak at least one of those two nights.

I had the wagyu on the Valor in February and it was amazing. Going on Vista in October and am thinking about that Cowboy, though I know a to-go box will be required!

• Like 2

Just now, pamici said:

That gas station was used in the movie Ray about Ray Charles when they were in “Houston.”

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

How cool. Yeah, the place we ate was called Tout de Suite. It was awesome. I could spend a week or more sampling everything around there. Your cocktail menu from Napoleon House brought back memories, too. I wanted to sample as many New Oreans-original cocktails as I could and to visit the Museum of the Cocktail. I got most of the drinks, but alas, not traveling solo, did not get to the museum. Someday ...

1 hour ago, pamici said:

I had the wagyu on the Valor in February and it was amazing. Going on Vista in October and am thinking about that Cowboy, though I know a to-go box will be required!

The Wagyu looks very interesting, too!

After that dinner I had to lay down I was so stuffed. Then I finished unpacking. 

I noticed people were already ready sitting in the comedy club for the show that starts in 25 minutes.

If you’ve read my posts on comedy clubs you know this isn’t my favorite...or my second favorite...or my third favorite.