Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks!

Greg, I know we all miss cruising, but I also miss reading all your reviews. I guess I may have to go back and reread all of the reviews I’ve already read. Boy, I wish we could cruise soon, but Im afraid my 14 day Journey cruise to Panama Canal on the Freedom in January will be the next on the chopping block. I had my B2B on the Magic in April cancelled, and I transferred all my FCC to the January cruise. If this one gets cancelled, I will transfer all FCC to my B2B on the Mardi Gras in January 2022. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Greg, I know we all miss cruising, but I also miss reading all your reviews. I guess I may have to go back and reread all of the reviews I’ve already read. Boy, I wish we could cruise soon, but Im afraid my 14 day Journey cruise to Panama Canal on the Freedom in January will be the next on the chopping block. I had my B2B on the Magic in April cancelled, and I transferred all my FCC to the January cruise. If this one gets cancelled, I will transfer all FCC to my B2B on the Mardi Gras in January 2022. 

Thanks! I sure hope we're cruising by January. It's weird not being able to really plan anything for my cruises. I have Freedom and Mardi Gras next year as well. Hopefully far enough into the year to be safe. Panama Canal is on my list. It would have to be the 9-day partial for me though and everything would to fit just right with the dates...one of these days...

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! I sure hope we're cruising by January. It's weird not being able to really plan anything for my cruises. I have Freedom and Mardi Gras next year as well. Hopefully far enough into the year to be safe. Panama Canal is on my list. It would have to be the 9-day partial for me though and everything would to fit just right with the dates...one of these days...

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes, very weird. I usually have purchases for my cabin made by now, along with all my excursions booked. I have nothing done for my upcoming cruise. I just can’t plan, and that’s very depressing. But I do have $1200 OBC that Carnival gave me for the cancelled B2B cruises, so I will just book onboard if we go.

6 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Yes, very weird. I usually have purchases for my cabin made by now, along with all my excursions booked. I have nothing done for my upcoming cruise. I just can’t plan, and that’s very depressing. But I do have $1200 OBC that Carnival gave me for the cancelled B2B cruises, so I will just book onboard if we go.

That's a nice bit of OBC. I'm going to have a total of $850 on my Alaska cruise if it sails. But looking at the excursion prices, I'm going to be able to spend that easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I have learned by reading here that you are the NOLA Guru, I have a question for you.  We will be sailing out of NOLA in April, 2021 on this same itinerary.  Is there a restriction on when alcohol can be purchased onboard?  Like, when we're X miles down the river or not until we're in the Gulf, for instance?  We've done this trip before but I can't remember the particulars.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, lighthousewoman said:

Since I have learned by reading here that you are the NOLA Guru, I have a question for you.  We will be sailing out of NOLA in April, 2021 on this same itinerary.  Is there a restriction on when alcohol can be purchased onboard?  Like, when we're X miles down the river or not until we're in the Gulf, for instance?  We've done this trip before but I can't remember the particulars.  Thanks!

You're talking about buying alcohol at a bar onboard? If so it's as soon as you board. 

9 hours ago, lighthousewoman said:

Yep, that's what I was talking about.  Hubbie will be pleased.  Thanks!

And if you have cheers, you can use that right away as well. Some ports like Galveston don’t see cheers the first day but in New Orleans you’re good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And if you have cheers, you can use that right away as well. Some ports like Galveston don’t see cheers the first day but in New Orleans you’re good.

Very true Greg. BUT.....one can still get a drink while still on board in Galveston. It just gets charged to your Sail & Sign card. I had a Funship Special(my drink of choice on our cruise)

Edited by Joe817

Just now, Joe817 said:

Very true Greg. BUT.....one can still get a drink while still on board in Galveston. It just gets charged to your Sail & Sign card. I had a Funship Special(my drink of choice on our cruise)

Yeah I’ve had plenty of drinks the first day in Galveston. I didn’t say you can’t drink the first day in Galveston. I said you can’t get cheers the first day.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, Saint Greg said:

This is Walk Ons sports bar. You see those three mirrors to the right? Those are the urinals in the men’s room. One of those you can see out but not in deals.

Walk Ons was started by a couple of former LSU basketball players that were...walk ons. It’s a sports bar but with better food than most sports bars. 

A few years back Drew Brees invested heavily in Walk Ons and said they were going nationwide. So keep an eye out for one near you.

E0-CBA109-1189-4-CAF-B74-E-A273-B101-D35

EE3-EB037-AF5-B-43-E7-B0-B1-0-AA24-DC26-

We have one in Waco, TX and yes the food is better than most sports bars 🙂 

• Like 1