Speciality dining

SallyRobert

Hi Guys.

As this is my first cruise, I am feeling my way round. We’re on the Panama Canal cruise out of Miami on 19th November. Have taken the majority advice and booked our own hotel. Have our shore excursions sorted. Just have to book our restaurants now. We can book on the 21st August. Please can anyone tell me what time? And the time zone please?

We’re from England

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, SallyRobert said:

Hi Guys.

As this is my first cruise, I am feeling my way round. We’re on the Panama Canal cruise out of Miami on 19th November. Have taken the majority advice and booked our own hotel. Have our shore excursions sorted. Just have to book our restaurants now. We can book on the 21st August. Please can anyone tell me what time? And the time zone please?

We’re from England

Thanks in advance

Hey, cheers guys,

EST is five hrs behind GMT. EDST is five hours behind BST.

So, you are both right and I can book the dining before I go to work. It’s a win win.

As our cruise is 16 nights, is that once in Prime 7 and once in Sette Mar?

Thank you all for being so helpful

Sal xx

1 hour ago, SallyRobert said:

OMG!!!! I haven’t quite got the hang of this posting malarkey yet - Sorry

Edited by SallyRobert
Quoted instead of replying

Sal, you only get one online reservation in Prime 7.  Sette Mare is a non-reservation restaurant.   On a 16 day cruise you should have no problem getting at least one more reservation in Prime 7.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

28 minutes ago, SallyRobert said:

Thanks for that Dave. We’re in a penthouse A, not sure if that makes a difference

No difference apart from the convenience that your Butler can seek additional reservations on your behalf if you so wish when on board. Just give him the preferred dates/times and he will speak to the Dining Room Manager to discuss availability.

As Dave says there is only one restaurant on Navigator which accepts advance reservations, Prime 7 (only one reservation per suite in advance of the cruise). Compass Rose & Sette Mari are walk-in restaurants. The Compass Rose menu is particularly extensive 😋

As this is your first Regent cruise, you may find the FAQ section of the Regent website useful.

Edited by flossie009

24 minutes ago, SallyRobert said:

Thanks for that Dave. We’re in a penthouse A, not sure if that makes a difference

Not for extra Prime 7 reservations but it gives you the option of an absolutely fantastic treat: a personalized, custom meal served to you by your butler that you can enjoy in your room or balcony. This one of the (many) highlights of our first Regent trip and one that we look forward to repeating for our second and third booked trips. If you choose your balcony like we did, select an evening that you are in port late. You can do this more than once so start thinking of your most special dinner dishes and prepare to enjoy!

We too took our first Regent cruise on The Navigator this year [we are also from the UK] and loved the whole Regent Experience.

So hope you too have a fab cruise.

We booked a Prime 7 reservation early on in our cruise, with the view or getting a second reservation and in the end, had 4 fabulous meals in Prime Seven. 

I couldn't decide between the bone in prime rib, or the seafood and our waiter suggested that I ordered an appetiser portion of the seafood, so I did. 

Most entrees can be done as an appetiser, so don't be afraid to ask.

Although the speciality restaurants are good, don't get hung up on these bookings as CR the main dining room is excellent and many things available in here as well. We are just back from the Navigator and had 2 great meals in Prime 7 , but find you need to be hungry to really enjoy. Ease up on lunch that day and avoid tea to get the best out of it. My wife especially finds the smaller plate portions sufficient in Prime 7.Also give yourself time in here with spaces between courses, we had to slow them down the first time, producing one plate straight after another, which is the US way not the European way of fine dining.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, kjbacon said:

Not for extra Prime 7 reservations but it gives you the option of an absolutely fantastic treat: a personalized, custom meal served to you by your butler that you can enjoy in your room or balcony. This one of the (many) highlights of our first Regent trip and one that we look forward to repeating for our second and third booked trips. If you choose your balcony like we did, select an evening that you are in port late. You can do this more than once so start thinking of your most special dinner dishes and prepare to enjoy!

One of our most memorable was a meal served by the butler on our balcony in Malaga 2 years ago. It was a late sail away 10pm and we had a delightful private and romantic dinner overlooking the Mediterranean.... Hard to beat

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. Most gratefully received. I did manage to get the booking. I have gone for the day that we go through the Panama Canal. It will be a very memorable end to a very special day for my husband. 

On 8/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, Boatmans Lady said:

We too took our first Regent cruise on The Navigator this year [we are also from the UK] and loved the whole Regent Experience.

So hope you too have a fab cruise.

We booked a Prime 7 reservation early on in our cruise, with the view or getting a second reservation and in the end, had 4 fabulous meals in Prime Seven. 

I couldn't decide between the bone in prime rib, or the seafood and our waiter suggested that I ordered an appetiser portion of the seafood, so I did. 

Most entrees can be done as an appetiser, so don't be afraid to ask.

Wow, did you have to share a table with other people or were you in the Owner's Suite? We have cruised twice on Regent, once on Mariner, and once on Voyager, and have 2 more cruises booked.

We were able to get a second dinner at Chartreuse on Mariner through the Maitre' D at Chartreuse. We had already been turned down for a second reservation at the restaurant reservation desk, and by the Prime 7 Maitre D'.  We were unable to get a second reservation at either restaurant on our recent Med cruise. We were offered a second reservation at Chartreuse, but only if we didn't mind sharing a table with whoever else wanted another reservation. We turned that down. Sometimes you have an enjoyable experience with people you don't know, and other times, it's not worth it.

We are in a Penthouse Suite for 32 nights on our next Regent Cruise on Voyager. We aren't sure how many reservations we get to make ahead of time. It's a back to back cruise so we think we get one at each restaurant for each segment,  but we won't bother trying for anymore. It's not worth it. If we get bored with the main restaurant for dinner (which we didn't on the previous 2 cruises), we'll just eat in our cabin.

19 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

Wow, did you have to share a table with other people or were you in the Owner's Suite? We have cruised twice on Regent, once on Mariner, and once on Voyager, and have 2 more cruises booked.

We were able to get a second dinner at Chartreuse on Mariner through the Maitre' D at Chartreuse. We had already been turned down for a second reservation at the restaurant reservation desk, and by the Prime 7 Maitre D'.  We were unable to get a second reservation at either restaurant on our recent Med cruise. We were offered a second reservation at Chartreuse, but only if we didn't mind sharing a table with whoever else wanted another reservation. We turned that down. Sometimes you have an enjoyable experience with people you don't know, and other times, it's not worth it.

We are in a Penthouse Suite for 32 nights on our next Regent Cruise on Voyager. We aren't sure how many reservations we get to make ahead of time. It's a back to back cruise so we think we get one at each restaurant for each segment,  but we won't bother trying for anymore. It's not worth it. If we get bored with the main restaurant for dinner (which we didn't on the previous 2 cruises), we'll just eat in our cabin.

You have sailed on two of the best ships that Regent has (the third is Explorer which, in my opinion, is the best).  On your 32 night cruise, you will definitely get more reservations in both reservation restaurants.  

Hope that you eventually try Explorer so that you can try Pacific Rim ....... it is definitely a lovely dining venue and the ship is amazing (Voyager was our favorite ship....... until Explorer launched).  Now it is our favorite ship by far!

P.S.  We are in a Master Suite (no Owner's Suite on Regent - this exists on Oceania) on our next cruise and can dine in specialty restaurants every night.  However, the only dining venue that we want additional reservations in is Pacific Rim. 

Edited by Travelcat2

We almost booked the Explorer next year, but the cruise we wanted to take had a conflict with our PG cruise in April, and a conflict with our Nova Scotia RV trip in September. So our 4th Regent Cruise won't be until 2021 (unless we find something else sooner). We've booked a back to back 25 night cruise, London to London, then London to Barcelona in September of 2021 on Splendor. From what I've read, Explorer is exceptional, and I hope Splendor will be as well. I'm definitely looking forward to eating at the Pacific Rim. I've tried a few Pacific Rim inspired dishes on the Main Dining Room menu on Mariner and Voyager, and I want more.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:15 AM, SWFLAOK said:

No, we weren't in a top suite and as this was our first cruise, we were only bronze tier.

Twice we dined by ourselves and the other two times, we dined with other couples.

As our suite also wasn't high enough for a butler, we just went to the restaurant and asked the Maitre D' if there was any availability on the night we were interested in.