Jump to content

NCL Pearl


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Looking at a Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl. I see it’s an older ship. Does it feel old or is it nice?  Is this a good ship to do the PC?

Refurbished and I enjoyed our Christmas cruise on her. Did not feel old. I have not been on s Panama Canal cruise,  smaller might be better. 

20181223_130645.jpg

20181223_131922.jpg

20181223_130903.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were on the Pearl 28/7 sailing, in my opinion it is a great ship despite the age.

 

it was recently refurbished and we felt the rooms were nicer and fresher than the epic.

 

The photos online appeared quite bright and loudly patterned for some areas of the ship, however onboard they were toned down quite a bit, I think someone went a bit crazy when photoshopping the photos

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Looking at a Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl. I see it’s an older ship. Does it feel old or is it nice?  Is this a good ship to do the PC?

NCL is very good about keeping their ships in tip top condition. The Pearl is a bit smaller and does have all the activities you may get on a mega ship, but no, it doesn't appear older. In fact based on ships life it really isn't considered old at all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven’t sailed on the Pearl, but we have sailed on all of her sister Jewel-class ships, including a full transit of the Panama Canal on the Jewel in early 2017. And we have another full transit coming up on the Gem this January. We love the Jewel-class ships. They are a comfortable size, with some excellent public spaces, including the Great Outdoors and the Spinnaker Lounge.  We have very little interest in NCL’s mega-ships. 

 

In case it’s helpful to you, here’s the detailed review, with photos, that I did of our full transit on the Jewel:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We did a partial transit on the Pearl in March 2017. Pearl is a beautiful newly refurbished ship, perfect size for the Panama Canal. The staff was stellar in every way, food was very good, cabins are roomy and comfortable. I would sail again on the Pearl in a heartbeat! Enjoy your cruise!   🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We haven’t sailed on the Pearl, but we have sailed on all of her sister Jewel-class ships, including a full transit of the Panama Canal on the Jewel in early 2017. And we have another full transit coming up on the Gem this January. We love the Jewel-class ships. They are a comfortable size, with some excellent public spaces, including the Great Outdoors and the Spinnaker Lounge.  We have very little interest in NCL’s mega-ships. 

 

In case it’s helpful to you, here’s the detailed review, with photos, that I did of our full transit on the Jewel:

 

 

 

Thanks!  Very helpful!

 

4 minutes ago, kdmbluerzr said:

We did a partial transit on the Pearl in March 2017. Pearl is a beautiful newly refurbished ship, perfect size for the Panama Canal. The staff was stellar in every way, food was very good, cabins are roomy and comfortable. I would sail again on the Pearl in a heartbeat! Enjoy your cruise!   🙂 

 

Wonderful news!  I’m sure we will!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have sailed a full, and a partial transit on the Pearl, and she is one of our favorite ships. She is not like the away ships, no slides etc., but is still a great ship.  With the Pearl you will get to experience the "old" locks.  Enjoy!   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pearl (like all of the Jewel-class ships) is built to the "Panamax" standards; that is, the largest that could fit in the old locks.  The newer mega-ships go through the new locks, but if you want to see the old locks so redolent with history, then Pearl is a great choice.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...