Is Princess valet service available in Port Everglades?

PaperSniper4

31 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

DISREGARD THIS: Interesting. We've only used the EZ-Check service with other cruise lines (Celeb and RCI), and only checked one bag (the rest we can manage), and paid just the $25 fee the ship charged.

However, I always figured that $25 was the fee paid to the cruise line, not the airline. As I said, we flew SW those times so didn't have any  luggage fee. But I always thought that charge was for just the cruise line; and any other fee would somehow still be due....either at the airport or charged to my ship's account.

We will test the system in November. We are flying JetBlue this time, and I believe they do charge a baggage fee......gotta refresh my memory on that. <g>

READ THIS INSTEAD:

This is long.....apologies in advance....

Interesting. We've only used an EZ-Check type service with other cruise lines (Celeb and RCI), and only checked my wife's large bag (the rest we can manage), and paid just the $25 fee the ship charged. But we were flying SW.

I always figured that $25 was the fee paid to the cruise line, not the airline. Any airline fees would be charged to the ship, which would put them on our shipboard account.

We will test the system in November. We are flying JetBlue this time, and they do charge a baggage fee.

I re-read the Princess EZ-Check form someone kindly posted somewhere on this Forum but another thread. It does appear Princess will charge any luggage fee assessed by the airline to your Princess account. Makes sense. Also that if you use EZ-Check, that bag is exempt from any overweight charge; that's nice, especially if you're purchase souvenirs.<g>  Another nice feature is your boarding pass(es) will be delivered to your stateroom. HOWEVER, it seems to me on our last RCI cruise, that even though we only checked one bag, if I had two names on RCI's form I had to pay the $25 twice. IOW, the $25 EZ-Check fee was just for one person to receive a boarding pass. I remember questioning RCI about that since my wife and I were traveling together. However, I finally changed the form to only her name on the EZ-Check form and we were charged $25, and a boarding pass for just her....I think; can't remember. So that is something to consider also.

The onboard delivery of the boarding pass(es), while convenient, is not that big a deal today. It's pretty easy to do that via the internet and airline kiosks, etc. We always plan on using the ship's WiFi once we're in the airline's "check in window".

For me it is worth it to have someone else lug my wife's huge and heavy suitcase from our cabin to the point of collection at the final airport.😉