Butler help with special function

rfkeith10

On previous cruises we have used our butler to provide snacks and party trays for functions that we were hosting.  I understand that NCL does not allow that service anymore.  Has anyone had any recent experiences with Butlers providing any type of snacks for private functions?

Ray

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That is news to me. I know that some platters come at an extra cost (never ordered one, though) but having a butler bring basic items shouldn't be a problem.

That would be great news.  I have seen posts, where folks stated that their Butlers told them that they needed to order party trays from room service at a cost to the passenger.  Over the years, we have had some outstanding Butlers who went above and beyond with the food items they provided.

I doubt that this is true, unless guests are asking for piles of free stuff to be brought in.  Butlers live on tips are are motivated to help.  We’ve had a handful of small gatherings in a suite, but have only requested glassware, napkins, a bar set up, and munchies which we purchase.  Good times!

On my Jade TA this spring 2019 the people in the Garden Villa (who were AMAZINGLY NICE!) held a big party for our rollcall.  The butler absolutely took care of everything and even got the courtyard butler to help.  I have no idea whether or not anything cost extra, but there was a bunch of food and booze-it was a cinco de mayo party and I remember guacamole, salsa & chips, and I forget what else but there were other goodies and I think also churros - and margaritas!  I think during the height of the party the two butlers were there, the concierge, and perhaps other NCL folks helping out.  A good time was had by all, and the butler was superb!  And I know he was well-tipped (which he deserved - he was our butler too and we thought he was superb!)

Edited by erdoran

We were on the Sun's South America cruise last March. Our daughter had an aft suite and it was included in our Cruise Critic "cabin crawl." You wouldn't believe the spread NCL had ready for us! I don't know who was responsible for it, but it was fabulous!