Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
KSGal

LOS with Family

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've only been on two cruises, but I am serious when it comes to my family vacations!  Doesn't matter if it's WDW, a cross country trip or what~I'm a planner.  Last night, spur of the moment decision, we decided to book a cruise over Thanksgiving to celebrate my husband's retirement.  We are taking our children-12,14,16.  The kids have never been on a cruise and my current work schedule isn't going to allow me time to research like I always do.  We are going to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, & Cozumel out of Galveston.  Leaving Nov 17th.  So what are the most knows about our trip and things you can recommend for my kids.  The boys can hang together and will probably have a great time, but they won't want to hang with their sister 😞

Thoughts, tips, recommendations are appreciated!!

 

Edited by KSGal
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KSGal said:

I've only been on two cruises, but I am serious when it comes to my family vacations!  Doesn't matter if it's WDW, a cross country trip or what~I'm a planner.  Last night, spur of the moment decision, we decided to book a cruise over Thanksgiving to celebrate my husband's retirement.  We are taking our children-12,14,16.  The kids have never been on a cruise and my current work schedule isn't going to allow me time to research like I always do.  We are going to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, & Cozumel.  So what are the most knows about our trip and things you can recommend for my kids.  The boys can hang together and will probably have a great time, but they won't want to hang with their sister 😞

Thoughts, tips, recommendations are appreciated!!

 


Start your research on the Ports of Call boards:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:


Start your research on the Ports of Call boards:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

 

Thanks I will.  I was wondering more about the ship itself.  We've always doing Carnival.  Having been to these ports myself~ I'm leaning towards Sanchos in Cozumel, one of the Stingray tours in GC and not sure about Jamaica yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberty is one of my favorite ships...love the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  Your 12yo will be in Adventure Ocean while the 14 and 16yo will be in the teen club with much less structured activities and the freedom to come and go as they please.   If your boys are the teenagers it would work out well for them to hang together and their sister to have a more structured way to meet her own friends on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dplusd said:

Liberty is one of my favorite ships...love the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  Your 12yo will be in Adventure Ocean while the 14 and 16yo will be in the teen club with much less structured activities and the freedom to come and go as they please.   If your boys are the teenagers it would work out well for them to hang together and their sister to have a more structured way to meet her own friends on board.

Thank you, I appreciate the info!  I think it will work well, she's outgoing and will make friends easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if You’re on the 11/17/19 sailing, forget about Sanchos as it’s already sold out for Nov 19th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

if You’re on the 11/17/19 sailing, forget about Sanchos as it’s already sold out for Nov 19th. 

Thanks!  I hadn't looked yet 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not miss the ice show it’s great for entire family , stingray city is really cool but do not do ships tour , it’s overpriced and overcrowded could not believe all the people crammed on the ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your kids have never had a dolphin encounter excursion, it's pretty magical at times. We did one that also included visiting the adjacent Turtle Farm (this was in Grand Cayman). Plan to pay the extra money for digital photos of the experience; they can come in handy. 

 

Richard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strait to the teen  club's when you board as they form there clicks really quickly as been reported kids going second day did not like it because they felt like they did not fit in , maybe shy less outgoing 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dplusd said:

Liberty is one of my favorite ships...love the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  Your 12yo will be in Adventure Ocean while the 14 and 16yo will be in the teen club with much less structured activities and the freedom to come and go as they please.   If your boys are the teenagers it would work out well for them to hang together and their sister to have a more structured way to meet her own friends on board.

No, unless they’ve changed recently, the teen groups would be 12-14 and 15-17. Sometimes they are combined for some activities depending on how many are onboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What's the chances that Mr. Sanchos will open up before we go?  

I really wanted to take the kids there!  🤔

Any similiar suggestions?

I think they would be board at Nachi......

Edited by KSGal
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KSGal said:

What's the chances that Mr. Sanchos will open up before we go?  

I really wanted to take the kids there!  🤔

Any similiar suggestions?

I think they would be board at Nachi......

 

Paradise Beach

Chankanaab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSGal said:

What's the chances that Mr. Sanchos will open up before we go?  

I really wanted to take the kids there!  🤔

Any similiar suggestions?

I think they would be board at Nachi......

I got this response from Mr Sanchos yesterday when I attempted to get reservations for some in my party. I have two spots but needed six more. 

 

“We thank you for your preference!

Unfortunately on November 19th, 2019 we are unable to accept more reservations as we have reached our maximum capacity, moreover we want to ensure good customer service and plenty of room for our guests.

Although, feel free to contact us by phone or email anytime after 7:00 am local time on the day of visit to see if we have any cancellations.

We don’t have a waiting list. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club”

 

I’ve been to Chankanaab as well. Not the same as Sanchos, but the kids would probably enjoy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I got this response from Mr Sanchos yesterday when I attempted to get reservations for some in my party. I have two spots but needed six more. 

 

“We thank you for your preference!

Unfortunately on November 19th, 2019 we are unable to accept more reservations as we have reached our maximum capacity, moreover we want to ensure good customer service and plenty of room for our guests.

Although, feel free to contact us by phone or email anytime after 7:00 am local time on the day of visit to see if we have any cancellations.

We don’t have a waiting list. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club”

 

I’ve been to Chankanaab as well. Not the same as Sanchos, but the kids would probably enjoy it. 

  Thank you~ I will def plan on scheduling something else.  Either Paradise or Chankanaab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberty is our favorite as well. In March, we went to Royalton White Sands in Falmouth. The food was awesome. There were lots of kids acivities. You might look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to Good Hope Estate when in Jamaica (Falmouth) and had a great time! We did the river tubing and adventure falls. There are several choices for activities—just look on their website. We did ours through Royal Caribbean so check your cruise planner too for excursions to Good Hope. I think the company that sponsors the excursions is Chukka Caribbean Adventures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the recommendations in Falmouth, I had no ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...