EZ Air and Air Transat to Europe

I have never used EZ Air before and I'm unsure of a few things.  I'm hoping that someone else has experience and can advise.

I'm trying to determine if checked baggage is included in the price for an Air Transat flight from Toronto to London or Paris.  When I click on the "baggage" button below the flight information on the EZ Air website - it opens a pop-up window from Air Transat that says "Is your Checked baggage included? Booked a flight with our Eco Budget fare?  Checked baggage isn't included...."  

1. Is the fare on EZ Air Eco Budget or Eco Standard?  All that I can see is that it says "Economy" on the EZ Air site.  If it is Eco Budget, then the checked baggage is not included.  If it is Eco Standard, then the checked baggage is included.  If the checked baggage is not included it would be much cheaper to book directly with Air Transat (but we would not have any flexibility to change anything if the prices drop).
  2. Can you select seats from the EZ Air site?  If so, can you upgrade seat (pay more for a better seat) through the EZ Air site)?

I like that EZ Air has "flexible" rates, but I'm used to dealing directly with the airline - and being certain what I am getting.  If anyone has insight I would appreciate hearing from you.

What I can tell you is that with other standard N.A. airlines (non-charter types), Princess is booking 'main cabin' type economy seats and not the 'basic' ones that have no seat selection, etc.  Most airlines offer a free bag for international.  Assuming you are not past final payment, book the EZ-Air flight on Air Transat and then get the confirmation code from the EZ-Air info on Cruise Personalizer and then look up your flight with Air Transat, or even call them and ask.  

Some airlines allow seat selection via EZ-Air.  These are generally the seats offered for free.  Other airlines require you to select on their website and often require the booking to be ticketed.  Princess does not ticket until about 45 days prior to sailing at which point the flights become subject to airline rules, regs, and fees.  You can request Princess to have EZ-Air ticket a file earlier as long as you have fully paid the airfare.  You will find out if any seats at all can be booked on an Air Transat flight as soon as you make a booking.  Remember to select a Flexible fare and not Restricted.  It could be that Air Transat only offers Restricted fares (as does Jet Blue I have noticed), so you will need to call Princess and ask for the EZ-Air department in order to get questions answered before jumping into a res.

I notice that Eco Budget has no free seat selection allowed, so if EZ-Air is consistent they will be booking Eco Standard.  It looks to me like it is pretty much break-even between the two fare types as you get free bag and better seat selection discount.  It saves money with selection of a free seat.  I suspect you will have to deal with Air Transat to select a seat that costs extra.

Good luck.

Edited by steelers36
5 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Steelers36 thank you for your reply.  The fare is Flexible, so it wouldn't hurt to make the booking.

And that is worth something as you can continue to check fares and re-fare or even change to another airline if you like their offer.

Once you do book, be sure to verify your choices with the airline.  We booked through EZAir, got seats assigned, got confirmation, etc. and come to find out we didn't have reservations for our flight to Dublin.  If I had gotten to the airport and found that out, I would not have been amused!

Always go to the airline webpage after booking on EZair to check on the flight details, select seats if available and leave your contact information so they can contact you in case of changes to the flight plan.