Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tikka234

Booking transport into Brugges

Posted (edited)

Hi were going into Zeeburg for Brugge  in a couple of weeks, I don't want to pay the silly price for RC  excursion bus. Who is the best to get a bus, we would rather bus than train, there are 9 of us so taxi too expensive. 

What company do you recommend? Want to make sure these regular buses back to the ship.

How does it work you get booking to print out? What happens when you get off the ship? 

Would you recommend booking in advance of getting tickets when you get there?

Thanks 

Edited by Tikka234

We were there in May, there is a private shuttle bus from the port entrance, think it was $20 pp return. For 9 of you pre booked taxi would probably cost less. There is no public bus, only the tram to Blankenburg and then the train.

8 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi were going into Zeeburg for Brugge  in a couple of weeks, I don't want to pay the silly price for RC  excursion bus. Who is the best to get a bus, we would rather bus than train, there are 9 of us so taxi too expensive. 

What company do you recommend? Want to make sure these regular buses back to the ship.

How does it work you get booking to print out? What happens when you get off the ship? 

Thanks 

Personally I would take the ships tour to Brugge.

To travel independently you have to either get the shuttle to Blankenburg and the train station is next to the drop off or get off at the port gates for your private transfer.

When you come back you are dropped off at a security terminal at the port gate,then you have to go through this building and get on a shuttle to the ship

50 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Thanks 

You have to catch a shuttle to the gate.

Plenty of companies at the gate offering round trips. 

If you want to prebook try Viator.

https://www.viator.com/en-GB/tours/Bruges/Return-Cruise-Shuttle-Service-from-Zeebrugge-to-Bruges/d4836-22540P1

I booked Martin’s Taxi for our day in Bruges. 

Price is 100€ Round trip but their very nice vans hold 8 comfortably. 

Our Roll Call wound up with 8 or 10 taxis from them and it worked out beautifully. 

Each group decided on their times to go and return 

The taxis were at the terminal. 

For anyone who can get a group together, it’s a great deal. 

The email address to check with them is 

info@martinstaxi.be. Lou is great and replies promptly. 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Personally I would take the ships tour to Brugge.

To travel independently you have to either get the shuttle to Blankenburg and the train station is next to the drop off or get off at the port gates for your private transfer.

When you come back you are dropped off at a security terminal at the port gate,then you have to go through this building and get on a shuttle to the ship

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I booked Martin’s Taxi for our day in Bruges. 

Price is 100€ Round trip but their very nice vans hold 8 comfortably. 

Our Roll Call wound up with 8 or 10 taxis from them and it worked out beautifully. 

Each group decided on their times to go and return 

The taxis were at the terminal. 

For anyone who can get a group together, it’s a great deal. 

The email address to check with them is 

info@martinstaxi.be. Lou is great and replies promptly. 

Someone on our roll call arranged a Martin Taxi and we were able to join. It was much less expensive than the ship’s tour and the drop off/pick up point in Brugges was much more convenient than where the busses drop/pickup. Taking the ship shuttle to/from the port security terminal was no problem.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Someone on our roll call arranged a Martin Taxi and we were able to join. It was much less expensive than the ship’s tour and the drop off/pick up point in Brugges was much more convenient than where the busses drop/pickup. Taking the ship shuttle to/from the port security terminal was no problem.

Good luck I hope you have a great time.

We have been to Zeebrugge many times and the ships tours drop you off about 800 metres from the centre of Bruges.

Now we just go into the seaside resort of Blankenburg which has 1 long street of shops with several nice Belgium chocolate shops and about 30 steps at the far end up to the seaside promenade and lovely beach and bars/restaurants.

Edited by grapau27

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck I hope you have a great time.

Already had a great time, this was in May. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Already had a great time, this was in May. 

That's great,I meant hope you had a great time.

We were on Independence of the seas and went to Zeebrugge at the end of May

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Thanks 

Don't rule out a taxi. For 9 it would be no more than $15.00 pp round trip. Plus a taxi gets you very close, some shuttle buses have a drop off nearly a half mile from town.  happy cruising.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Don't rule out a taxi. For 9 it would be no more than $15.00 pp round trip. Plus a taxi gets you very close, some shuttle buses have a drop off nearly a half mile from town.  happy cruising.

I did ship’s excursions twice in the past. All motor coaches have to drop off quite a walk from Market Square.