Oasis Refurb

18 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

New shows finally showed up for the first post-AMP sailing.

Nice to see some new shows coming to the Oasis.  We look forward to seeing them.  Too bad Cats is returning (sorry John...).  It is the ONLY Broadway show I have ever seen that I did not enjoy.  Debating on whether to even give it a chance when we sail the Oasis next time.

As for the comment about only having to wait 45 minutes for the intermission to leave Cats now...I would not be surprised since it was shortened if they do no intermission at all.

Thanks Lloyd for the waterslide/splash area photos.  Kids are going to love them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

In due time, I would like to see the Solarium, Boardwalk, Music Hall, staterooms in former Wonderland, and new staterooms above the bridge.

Speaking of Wonderland - probably old news but I noticed today that RCCL decided not to add 6 of the new staterooms, in exchange for a double deck card room on deck 11 & 12, overlooking the boardwalk.  It will be nice that we haven't completely lost that old lounge view of the boardwalk.

IDP-DECK11.png

IDP-DECK12.png

14 hours ago, loudbmw said:

My Dec 1 '19 Oasis cruise planner shows Cats at 90 minutes.

Aquashow is still missing from schedule for our week.

Lou

The aquashow may be available now for your sailing.  The Aqua 80's, the headliner and One Sky, shows became available tonight for the 12/29/19 sailing.

10 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

As for the comment about only having to wait 45 minutes for the intermission to leave Cats now...I would not be surprised since it was shortened if they do no intermission at all.

More than likely there will not be an intermission. This is a great way of cutting time and when you see a run time of a show, that usually includes the intermission. This show will be non-stop awesome!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I just hope they replaced those cloudy windows.

Yeah, that's almost like a must do, assuming the new staterooms facing the boardwalk are outside view.  I guess if they're interior staterooms then the card room may not have a view after-all.

11 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

Yeah, that's almost like a must do, assuming the new staterooms facing the boardwalk are outside view.  I guess if they're interior staterooms then the card room may not have a view after-all.

I'm pretty sure the reason they dropped some of the added cabins and put the card room there is because they could not incorporate that glass wall into the new cabins.

I really dont expect them to change that glass

Any thoughts as to what the library on Central Park will be like?  I thought newer designs on ships were replacing libraries with card rooms and now looks like Oasis may have both?  I was mostly surprised that they would put the library in Central Park--unless the thought is that people will have coffee in Park Cafe and then go over to use computers/read?

Looking at the Deck Plans, I do not see Wonderland.  However on Deck 10 there is an area overlooking the Boardwalk that is unnamed. 

Will there be a Wonderland on the Oasis, and Will there be an Izumi and Hibachi? 

29 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

It's on the deck plans posted on RCCL website--maybe it's a place holder? But it's in between Park Cafe and Tiffany's

It's a bit unusual and I would have thought they would keep the "RCOnline" naming convention if it had PCs - not sure what will be in there.

28 minutes ago, dedosr said:

Looking at the Deck Plans, I do not see Wonderland.  However on Deck 10 there is an area overlooking the Boardwalk that is unnamed. 

Will there be a Wonderland on the Oasis, and Will there be an Izumi and Hibachi? 

No. There hasn't ever been a Wonderland on Oasis nor are they putting it in at this drydock and Oasis already has Izumi Hibachi. I don't know what deck plans you're looking at, but I see it clear as day on the port side on Deck 4, both pre- and post-refit.

IDP-DECK04.svg

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, RFerrington said:

Hasn’t Oasis always had a Izumi Hibachi ?

Oasis always had Izumi but originally it was part of the Windjammer area. Then during the 2014 drydock they moved it to deck 4 port side of the main dining room there and they added Hibachi. 

• Like 1