A relaxing beach day

snowmouse

What beach would you suggest? We want a beautiful beach with some shade (maybe a Palapa), chairs, drinks, bathroom facilities, and maybe a nearby lunch option. We don't care about renting jetskis or anything like that. How early do you have to show up for a Palapa to be open?

We took a cab a couple of years ago and the driver dropped us in front of a hotel that I think was on Palm beach. It was lovely, but I can't remember where it was exactly.

We are also looking for a dinner suggestion for the evening. Maybe seafood on the beach at sunset?

The only beach that has all the things you're looking for is Palm beach (which is the strip from the Marriott on the north end to the Divi-Phoenixon the south end).

From your description, I think that you are calling the thatch roofed beach shelters Palapa.....they are called chickees in Aruba. A Palapa is an open air restaurant (sometimes with a roof, sometimes not).

The beach restaurants/bars/stores open anywhere between 8 & 11 AM. Only a few of the restaurants serve breakfast.

When you get to the beach, approach a beachboy about renting a chair and/or umbrella, and, they will guide you.

If you want to go directly from the beach to dinner, I would suggest the Sunset Grille at the Radison Hotel. It has a lovely outdoor terrace, and some of the best food in Aruba. This restaurant has views of the pool, and tropical gardens, but not the ocean.

If you are going to go back to the ship, between beach and dinner, I would suggest that you try Mirandi. Located about 3 miles south of the cruise port, directly on the beach, opposite the Aruban High School.

It is a WONDERFUL. informal, inexpensive "FIND", which is little known because it cannot be seen from the main road.

This is a true "Palapas" restaurant......open on three sides, yet sheltered by a thatched roof.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived