Can you buy a bottle of liquor to drink in your cabin?

tallyho8

It's available through  the Celebrity Gifts section online. You can't bring it on board with you ( only 2 bottles of wine per cabin). If you buy it in the ship's duty free, they hold it until the last night of the cruise.

Edited by mom says

I saw the setup on line which was $100 a day. It gave no further information. But I was interested in just buying a bottle one time and not a daily setup for a week. I saw no place where the price of one bottle of rum was listed.

Edited by tallyho8

The wording of that offer is very unclear but it is one bottle one time. Not a bottle a day.  Altogether it will be one bottle Of liquor, plus a six pack of soft drink, plus a package of some salty snack.

Edited by cruisestitch

4 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

I saw the setup on line which was $100 a day. It gave no further information. But I was interested in just buying a bottle one time and not a daily setup for a week. I saw no place where the price of one bottle of rum was listed.

Not to worry..the wording was all wrong.  I bought a bottle of vodka with setup (6pack) of tonic for myself...pricey, but one-time purchase.:)

Depending on the ship and port, you may find that no one cares if you buy a bottle or two of wine/liquor and bring it back with you at the end of the day.  Additionally, there are a few embarkation ports where they scan  your luggage when you enter the hall to register and they aren't checking for alcohol....and there is no further check of your hand luggage when you get on the ship.

Suggestion: don't buy at a store that says they will deliver to you on the ship....leave the store with the bottle(s).

If you buy a bottle at a port, the worst that can happen is they keep it and return it the last night.  

one additional twist if you are on B2B cruises.  Our experience is that any liquor you purchase and they hold during the first cruise will be returned the last night of the first cruise and you will just have to store it in your room for the second cruise.

Of course all of this is highly variable and unpredictable.....our personal experience is that when we buy liquor and bring it back to the ship, they scan the bags and just ignore it and we take it to our room.  We've only been asked to check the liquor once...by a security person who asked us to check it at the desk against the wall behind him.  NP, we looked for the desk...no desk...so we just took it to our room.

I'm not suggesting breaking the rules....just giving you a realistic view of what you may experience on your cruise.

Edited by ghstudio

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Depending on the ship and port, you may find that no one cares if you buy a bottle or two of wine/liquor and bring it back with you at the end of the day.  Additionally, there are a few embarkation ports where they scan  your luggage when you enter the hall to register and they aren't checking for alcohol....and there is no further check of your hand luggage when you get on the ship.

Suggestion: don't buy at a store that says they will deliver to you on the ship....leave the store with the bottle(s).

If you buy a bottle at a port, the worst that can happen is they keep it and return it the last night.  

one additional twist if you are on B2B cruises.  Our experience is that any liquor you purchase and they hold during the first cruise will be returned the last night of the first cruise and you will just have to store it in your room for the second cruise.

Of course all of this is highly variable and unpredictable.....our personal experience is that when we buy liquor and bring it back to the ship, they scan the bags and just ignore it and we take it to our room.  We've only been asked to check the liquor once...by a security person who asked us to check it at the desk against the wall behind him.  NP, we looked for the desk...no desk...so we just took it to our room.

I'm not suggesting breaking the rules....just giving you a realistic view of what you may experience on your cruise.

It is reported that they are no longer returning liquor on B2B for those staying on.  I had my wine taken from me at a port recently

On my cruise planner I can prepurchase a one liter bottle of vodka, rum, gin, bourbon, etc for the value price of only $100.00 a bottle.  Then there a few other upgraded brands that also include a 6-pack of soda for $130.00.  

It took me a few minutes to find where I could purchase these.  From the "Manage Reservation" page in Cruise Planner scroll down to "Delivery Aboard" and click "Learn More".

Then there is the option to purchase Spirits.  Mine defaulted to offering wines and champagnes so I had to go into the drop down and select spirits before the liquor options loaded.

15 hours ago, gold1953 said:

It is reported that they are no longer returning liquor on B2B for those staying on.  I had my wine taken from me at a port recently

Not sure  reported it but each year I email Celebrity and receive a written email that states you are allowed on b2b's to purchase wine and have it returned to you on the last night of each cruise. We are doing 5 b2b's and always buy local wine to drink onboard. Never has been an issue..

18 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Completely agree. 

26 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Still quite popular

Not to mention that the last time I bought a couple of bottles of bourbon on board to be delivered the last night of the cruise, the guy in the store said I could pick it in the morning of the last day or have it delivered later.  Since it was afternoon of the second to the last day, I just asked if I could take it then which would save me a trip back.  He just shrugged and handed me the bottles.  I cracked one open that evening and enjoyed it the next day as well. 

The two cruises before that, the bottles were delivered to my cabin about 2 pm on the last day, which allowed one to be enjoyed the last night.  Who knows, you might get lucky.