Shaver socket in bathroom question

Lobbylin

Does anyone know if the shaver socket in the bathrooms still offer power when the bathroom light switch is off?

I like to plug in a low voltage night light overnight, but find on some cruiselines that the bathroom light switch must be on for the shaver socket to work, which defeats the object.

3 hours ago, Lobbylin said:

Does anyone know if the shaver socket in the bathrooms still offer power when the bathroom light switch is off?

I like to plug in a low voltage night light overnight, but find on some cruiselines that the bathroom light switch must be on for the shaver socket to work, which defeats the object.

I too use it for my toothbrush and it has kept the brush going as long as I needed it. I am an old soap and razor shaver so I didn't need it for a razor. 

1 hour ago, North West Newbie said:

I recognise many people do it (me included), but Cunard do advise against leaving charges etc plugged in unattended when out of the stateroom and whilst sleeping.

Apologies, just realised that should have read chargers etc but I was too late to edit the original. 👎

9 hours ago, Lobbylin said:

QM2 does, however, 'only one' of the Vista class ships doesn't. I can't remember which one, it may have  been QE when my toothbrush  didn't charge overnight. 

30 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

QM2 does, however, 'only one' of the Vista class ships doesn't. I can't remember which one, it may have  been QE when my toothbrush  didn't charge overnight. 

Thank you! Yes we are on the QM2👍👍😊

If in the future you can't plug in your nightlight ... a battery operated tea light (easily purchased at the Dollar Store) is a great nightlight for the bathroom. Dim, yet enough light to see what you're doing without blinding yourself with the florescent lighting.  

au0030-led-tea-light-candles_p2-jpg.9772

Edited by Sauer-kraut
  • Like 1

I bought a motion-activated battery-powered light that I use for bathrooms on all the ship we cruise (except Celebrity which has night lights in the bath). Works great - and keep the room from being flooded with light when someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night.

(Amazon has many designs.)