Cruise Critic Community
gerelmx

The Gremlins return to the CC Connections registry

Posted (edited)

In my 7 cruises that I have reserved the counter was reset to zeros, example in the Eclipse to Hawaii on September 22 until Friday there were 163 records yesterday afternoon was reset, several members have already re-registered.  🤬 who knows if the records was erased?

Edited by gerelmx

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

In my 7 cruises that I have reserved the counter was reset to zeros, example in the Eclipse to Hawaii on September 22 until Friday there were 163 records yesterday afternoon was reset, several members have already re-registered.  🤬 who knows if the records was erased?

I reported this yesterday on another thread: my Dec 23 2019 Solstice cruise has "no CC details has been found on the given sail/Date" and my Dec 20 2020 Millennium cruise shows 6 registered which is correct.  This status is still true this morning.

Just heard from Cruise Critic.  They are working with Celebrity to correct the issue.

They have just reset the counters again or erased everything

As of 19-Aug-2019, 2 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 13-Oct-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

As of 19-Aug-4019, 2 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 03-Oct-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

As of 19-Aug-6019, 2 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 22-Sep-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

By CC Help Jenn
08/20/2019

We are aware that the Connection Party sign up on https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections is not showing the correct numbers for future party registrations.

We have reached out to Celebrity Cruise Line staff and will provide an update as we have more information

Thank you

Cruise Critic Community Team

I called Captains Club this morning about this and they were unaware of the problem and thanked me for letting them know. I read them the above post from Cruise Critic. Those on our Roll Call for March 2020 are re-registering. Shaking my head once again at the abilities of the X IT staff.😵

23 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I called Captains Club this morning about this and they were unaware of the problem and thanked me for letting them know. I read them the above post from Cruise Critic. Those on our Roll Call for March 2020 are re-registering. Shaking my head once again at the abilities of the X IT staff.😵

In fairness, this could be a connection problem with Cruise Critic and not the Celebrity IT department.

Then again...…………………………………..nah.

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I spent half an hour on the phone this morning with the Captain's Club about this problem as they tried to find out whether the prior registrations are still there despite the numbers re-setting to zero, or whether people need to re-register.  They had to call other departments about this and were eventually told that shoreside can't access the registration info, that only the ships have it.  Don't shoot me, please, I'm only the messenger. 

The same problem is going on with the RCI Meet & Mingle registrations.   RCI and Celebrity I think use the same IT for this.

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

In fairness, this could be a connection problem with Cruise Critic and not the Celebrity IT department.

Then again...…………………………………..nah.

It's hard to see  how it could be a Cruise Critic problem, since the registration pages for Celebrity and RCI are on those cruise lines' own web sites.   

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I spent half an hour on the phone this morning with the Captain's Club about this problem as they tried to find out whether the prior registrations are still there despite the numbers re-setting to zero, or whether people need to re-register.  They had to call other departments about this and were eventually told that shoreside can't access the registration info, that only the ships have it.  Don't shoot me, please, I'm only the messenger. 

The same problem is going on with the RCI Meet & Mingle registrations.   RCI and Celebrity I think use the same IT for this.

I believe they are quite advanced now...two glasses and a string?

Well, since Cruise Critic hasn't posted any new info about their efforts to find out what's going on (both with the X and RCI parties), it would appear they haven't been able to find anything out yet.

On our Roll Call (for a cruise coming up shortly, Sept. 8), nearly 40 people have re/registered in the past two days, yet Celebrity hasn't sent the email they usually send after the registrations reach 25 to tell everyone that the Connections Party is confirmed.    No way to tell what's going on!

Posted (edited)

Just checked now,

Ship Departure Dates Guest Signed Up
CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM September 06, 2019 17

As of 21-Aug-2019, 17 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 06-Sep-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

Do you think that Celebrity does not want to have a complimentary party? Does not add to the bottom line.

Edited by bigdaddy990
add on

Posted (edited)

Previous week we were more than 163 now only 26

Ship                                              Departure Dates                Guest Signed Up
CELEBRITY ECLIPSE September 22, 2019                 26

As of 21-Aug-2019, 26 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 22-Sep-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

Edited by gerelmx

It is incredible that for now IT department have not been able to recover the records from a backup, or that perhaps there was no backup and everything was deleted?

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

It is incredible that for now IT department have not been able to recover the records from a backup, or that perhaps there was no backup and everything was deleted?

No, it is not incredible.

It's a well known fact that X's IT department is not run as efficiently as NASA.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. 😊

Personally, I'm going to sit back, relax, and give them a couple of days to sort it out.

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

[quoting Celebrity at the bottom of the Connections Party registration page] "The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.:

They can't even proofread, how do we expect them to handle more complicated things?  🤣 

I think they recover the erased data, the counters are again at the normal levels

As of 22-Aug-2019, 184 guest(s) have signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party departing 22-Sep-2019. The closer you get to the guests, the you'll be to meeting your new friends during a complimentary onboard party.

The december 7th cruise on the Equinox is also up to date with 33 so far.

The March 13, 2020 Reflection cruise Connections registration number is back to pre-snafu numbers this evening.