Cruising to South Pacific on Norwegian Jewel

Wapak

On 11/27/2019 at 10:29 PM, Nebr.cruiser said:

We just booked a Jewel cruise from Tahiti to Honolulu.  Would I love to be able to go on one of the very small ships? Of course.   But for many people the price is just difficult.  Technically I guess we could afford it but truly don't want to spend our money that way.

I'm happy for all who can afford, without hesitation, these types of cruises and I am sure it is a better choice for the islands and usually a better experience, but  for many people those choices just aren't possible.

We are in the same situation. We have booked Jewel for next October from Papeete to Honolulu. In this cruise we have something very important for us - two in one - Polynesia and Hawaii with only one really long 2 legs flight via SFO - outbound to PPT and inbound from HLL. The airfare from central Europe is significant part of the costs and when I looked for Windstar in Tahiti - 10 days - it was really nice, but pricey for us. For the same price now we have 4 days stay in Huahine island, 3 days in Moorea, inter island airfare Air Tahiti and 14 days cruise with Jewel to Honolulu  with 5 Hawaii islands. So, I have no doubt what is better for us. 

Edited by mispi
  • Like 1