Questions about the Princess Royal

tjcletzgo

Hello, we will be sailing on the Royal in January.  I know the buffet is much larger than the older ship. My questions....

Do they have bread pudding and where can I find it?

Do they have cooked shrimp to make yourself a shrimp cocktail?

Do they have Bavaria night and what night?

What should we not miss?

Thank you so much! 

Bread pudding was at the Horizon Bistro along with vanilla sauce.

I never saw a Bavaria night, nor cooked shrimped.

It might have been me, but they seem to close most of the buffets early between breakfast/lunch- lunch/ dinner, and leave a small section open while getting ready/setup for the next buffet

They normally have plenty of cooked shrimp on the buffet  in the salad bar area to make a shrimp cocktail.  We love the buffet on Royal class ships, the dinner buffets are excellent on the nights where you just want a very casual quick self serve dinner.  

I don’t  remember a Bavaria night.  Bread pudding and vanilla sauce is in the Patisserie area.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

What should you not miss?

A dinner at Crown Grill and Sabitini's and Alfredo's.  Alfredo's features pizza entrees, but the other items on their menu are delicious as well.  Alfredo's is complimentary.

Horizon Court/Bistro Breakfast or Lunch, sitting on the aft deck of the Restaurant.  So much more pleasant than the chaos of trying to find a table within the Restaurant at prime meal time.

Many of the entertainers in the Atrium provided very good performances, many with very good music.  Entertainment and musical groups on Royal Princess was a highlight for me.

Yes, we had Bavarian night in April. Can’t recal which night though.  My husband loved it. I hated it. I hate that kind of food. Too many sausages.  

Gigantic bowls of cooked shrimp on severearl nights and lots of shrimp st the daytime buffet on the last day of a 7 night cruise.  They had a seafood buffet with mussels and shrimp I think.  I don’t touch the stuff, so it is hard to recall everything.  

Bread pudding has never tasted very good onboard, but taste is subjective.  

I favor Brazilian night at the buffet. Very good beef, several carving stations, chimmichurri saucecto compliment the beef. I also love Italian night! 

During the day they do a Mongolian barbecue, which is very good. 

I love the Asian stir fry dishes a lot that they always seem to have.  

Edited by 4cats4me

The best bread pudding is served when they have English pub lunches usually on sea days.  There is usually one German themed buffet with a variety of sausages and other foods.  Shrimp cocktail is always an option in the MDR but haven’t seen a lot of shrimp in the buffet.  If they make shrimp scampi in the buffet it is really good but have only seen it a couple of times.

This YouTube playlist about an Royal Princess Cruise includes multiple videos of buffet contents, including the Bavarian Night, French Night, breakfast, lunch and Chocolate Breakfast.  The cruise is from April 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9cpbm1c-qKl3h8zE5cdXEJGPIAP1eIF3

Edited by cubfan63
Additional info