Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
JOHN 57

Sea view Bar, Volendam

since we are not a large, and only 6 couples, we do not qualifiy for a meet and greet, so we have decided to meet at 1630 at the sea view bar.  Does any one have any pictures or opinions of the sea view bar.  We sail 18 September.

I don't have pictures, but I do have an opinion. I think it's as good a choice as any, especially if the weather cooperates. Many, if not most, of the tables are under cover. There is a bad with stools, but that is probably not the best place. Each side has tables and chairs that can be pulled up to them. (one side is smoking, and the other non-smoking). Get a couple of tables near each other, pull up a few more chairs, and enjoy yourselves!

If it's a really miserable day, you could relocate to the Lido Bar. There is a nice sitting area with tables around there, too.

Ruth's comments are those that I support.  I would suggest some participants wear something that can be easily recognized by others.  Such as Mardi Gras beads; they are inexpensive when bought at a discount store.

If you don't have some means of identifying members of your group, it is unlikely that it will happen.  Never did on my Westerdam cruise in July nor on my Coral Princess cruise in August.