Are solo discounts and reduced airfare mutually exclusive?

hallux

I was working through booking my next trip on the Bliss and came across an oddity.  Decided to look at a balcony vs. the studio as the balcony offers the reduced airfare option (airfare would be close to $600 for me).  When I pick the balcony it shows the price as $1199 (studio is $1049) with the offers, but when I add reduced airfare the price goes to $1598, which is what two people would pay in the same room.  Does this mean that the solo cruiser discount and the reduced airfare can't be combined?  When airfare is figured with the cost of the studio, it's still costing me less than $250 more to sail in a balcony instead of the studio, and since there's a couple going with me in their own cabin I'm not as concerned about the studio lounge.

Also - I CAN just pick two of the Free At Sea offers, right?  The site lets me and since I don't drink or care THAT much about internet when at sea, I'd rather not pay the grats. on the drink package...

I've emailed a TA that I met on my previous trip and hope she knows but maybe someone here knows as well.

Correct. The solo discount OR the free/reduced airfare. "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify."

Studio would not qualify for airfare, you'd have to book that on your own.

If you have no want of the Free @ Sea promotions, why not just book the sail-away rate and choose nothing? You could pick up the Balcony for $974 and book the same air that you would with the studio and no worries on the promotions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

If you have no want of the Free @ Sea promotions,

I don't want the drink package and couldn't care less about the internet but the other two I'd take, which factors into the value of the balcony.

Basically, with the full doubling of the base fare plus the $200 I'd owe for the reduced airfare, the airfare "washes", though it'd have been a slightly better value if the solo discount still applied.  Doing it this way allows for the reservations for myself and the other 2 traveling with me to be linked and we end up on the same flights so it's a slight bonus there.

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

I don't want the drink package and couldn't care less about the internet but the other two I'd take, which factors into the value of the balcony.

Basically, with the full doubling of the base fare plus the $200 I'd owe for the reduced airfare, the airfare "washes", though it'd have been a slightly better value if the solo discount still applied.  Doing it this way allows for the reservations for myself and the other 2 traveling with me to be linked and we end up on the same flights so it's a slight bonus there.

Not sure where the info came from, but unlike other lines NCL does not link reservations (as they have no assigned dining). The airfare promotion only allows people on the same reservation (iow, the same cabin) to be booked on the same flight.

47 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not sure where the info came from, but unlike other lines NCL does not link reservations (as they have no assigned dining). The airfare promotion only allows people on the same reservation (iow, the same cabin) to be booked on the same flight.

Thanks, I only assumed that could be done, that's what I get for that...

As we're coming form the same city for the same cruise, I would hope that we could end up on the same flights, it's not like there are A LOT of options from our airport.