Hotel Lleo

georgiacat

I have looked at several hotels in Barcelona, and I seem to be leaning toward Hotel Lleo.  I have read what there is mentioned on this board.  Hotel Lleo seems to be less expensive than the other hotels that I checked.  However, the people who stayed in them mentioned that they liked it.  I know to ask for a quiet room (not a balcony on the street).  Is there anything I should be aware of about this hotel?  We need air conditioning and elevator.

We would be staying a couple of days prior to a cruise in May.

My plans are for tours with Barcelona Day tours for the first and second day (Montserrat).  Purchasing on line tickets for Basilica De La Sagrada Familia to visit on our own before boarding the ship.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.  thanks

We stayed there and liked it, although this was a number of years ago now. We liked the location and, since we arrived quite late, we liked the fact that they served breakfast until much later than most hotels, so we were able to sleep a bit later. I think it might even have been till midday. Wouldn't be much of a plus though if you wanted to get up early to go sightseeing! As long as it's been properly looked after, it's a good choice.

Stayed at Hotel Lleo last year and liked it, booked it again post cruise in September.  We stayed in a renovated room with a balcony and found it very quiet.  It has both air conditioning and an elevator the bathroom was large and and the room very clean.

Front desk was helpful and subway to La Sagrada is steps away.  Overall good value for money.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, georgiacat said:

My plans are for tours with Barcelona Day tours for the first and second day (Montserrat).  Purchasing on line tickets for Basilica De La Sagrada Familia to visit on our own before boarding the ship.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.  thanks

We just went to Montserrat again today (we were there two years ago) -- it's one of my favorite things to do while we are in Barcelona.  The boys' choir is back from their break so check to see if you will be there when they sing.  Heavenly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel Lleo was perfect for us. Very short walk to Metro to visit the La Sagrada Familia and to the nearby La Rambla area. Great breakfast as well. Staff was really great as well. Room was a bit tired looking but large and clean. We would stay there again.

• 4 months later...

Thinking of booking this hotel pre cruise in July. Does anyone know if there are laundry facilities either at the hotel or is there a laundry mat nearby. We would like to do some laundry before going on the cruise as we will have been away from home for about a week by that time.

I don't believe there are laundry machines at the hotel. If anything they might send your laundry out .

Email them to be sure; they were very responsive with me last yr.

There were several laundramats within a few blocks.  When we walked to the Boqueria Market we walked out the hotel, took the first right ..... there was a laundramat about 3 /4 blocks away, just past Chok Bakery. (on a street that runs parallel to Las Ramblas )

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful; they'll direct you to the nearest laundramat. 

Edited by mapleleaves

We stayed two nights. When we checked in, the room were were given was tiny.  No room to move. We asked for another, and even though the windows opened to the street, it was a perfect size. Tasty breakfast and a great location. Comfortable beds too.

10 hours ago, themnms said:

For those who have stayed there is there a supermarket close by?

There's a Carrefour supermarket about 4 blocks away on Las Ramblas, a 5 minute walk.

Go right as you exit the hotel, walk 2 blocks, take a right onto Las Ramblas and it will be on your right after about 2 blocks.   ( the Boqueria Market is only 2 blocks further)

I think there was a 7-11 type store across the street from the hotel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

There's a Carrefour supermarket about 4 blocks away on Las Ramblas, a 5 minute walk.

Go right as you exit the hotel, walk 2 blocks, take a right onto Las Ramblas and it will be on your right after about 2 blocks.   ( the Boqueria Market is only 2 blocks further)

I think there was a 7-11 type store across the street from the hotel.

Perfect and thanks so much for the reply!!

• 4 weeks later...