Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
nburton78

New England and Canada Cruise questions

My husband and I have our first New England cruise booked for the end of September.  We are cruising on the Norwegian Escape.  We have lots of questions as we've never been on this type of cruise.  Anyone have any advice for a fall New England cruise?  Does the Escape have special night out dress up events?  Is it worth it to bring a swimsuit?  Is there much nightlife on these cruises?  Does it have a silent disco?  Do I need a heavy coat?  gloves?  

Thanks

On 8/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, nburton78 said:

My husband and I have our first New England cruise booked for the end of September.  We are cruising on the Norwegian Escape.  We have lots of questions as we've never been on this type of cruise.  Anyone have any advice for a fall New England cruise?  Does the Escape have special night out dress up events?  Is it worth it to bring a swimsuit?  Is there much nightlife on these cruises?  Does it have a silent disco?  Do I need a heavy coat?  gloves?  

Thanks

Can’t speak to the fall Canada/New England, we just did a June one.

The escape is a great ship. It is dress up or not nights nothing formal. Only 2 restaurants require men to wear long pants to dinner. These are listed on your freestyle daily. The weather could be warm and the escape has good water slides, so bring a suit in case, plus there is always the hot tub. There is night life, but anything Norwegian specific should be asked on the ncl board,

my escape review

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516206

my recent Canada/New England review 

Can't speak to the Escape, having never been on it, but I've done Canada / NE with Celebrity and I'd speculate to say there was as much "nightlife" as on any other cruise. Definitely be prepared for a mix of weather. We did it near the end of Sept. and had fairly mild temps but also some very cold/rainy weather in Quebec. Packing layers is always the best way. I'd say no heavy coat needed - but yes to the hat and gloves. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it...lovely area and ports. As to the swimsuit....I'd take it along. Assuming the Escape has a solarium / indoor pool?  

We have been in Old Quebec twice in mid Oct on cruises. Definitely bring gloves and a hat. The wind can get very cold. If you don’t have them you will need them!   We were very glad we threw them in at the last minute.