Pre cruise Stay FFL/Miami area for 2 couples

kevincx1

My wife and I along with another couple are flying in to FFL/Miami in February the day before our cruise.  Leaving on Symphony in Miami but flying in to FLL.    Looking for economic stay options   along with entertainment options for day/night

Pick a boutique hotel on the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk.  Economic, on the beach, with a ton of entertainment since it's on the broadwalk.  Live music, bars, restaurants, etc.  Lots of people watching. TripAdvisor has a lot of options with reviews. 

Need a bit more information, also flight arrival times. 

My suggestion going in blind, Hampton Inn Brickell. Or another hotel in the Downtown Miami/Brickell area. Lots to do and see around there and nice a close to the port for embarkation day. 

16 hours ago, JohninDC said:

What's your budget?  Your economical might be my splurge.  February is during peak tourist season, so prices will be high - book something ASAP!

Trying to stay around $300,  as I'm looking in Miami the prices are alot higher especially in the areas that everyone is suggesting.  I'm trying to determine if its just cheaper to stay in FLL and go down to Miami morning of vs trying to find a more economical stay that might be in a questionable area

There are options in the Brickell/downtown area on certain sites for that price range.  If you give a date it would be easier to suggest.

For instance, The Intercontinental is available on Feb 7 for one night for $246 and I would grab that quickly.  Great hotel, so close to the port and lots of nightlife and restaurants very close by. 

Aloft Brickell is available the following weekend for $282 and so on. 

Personally I would chose the Brickell/Downtown area or some where near Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, kevincx1 said:

Flying in on February 14th,  everything seems to be overpriced

Miami boat show weekend and a holiday weekend in February in South Florida. So it will be expensive. 

You are right though, Brickell prices are high, such as the Hampton Inn For $450/night usually around $250 that time of year. Or the 1-star Leamington at $200/night usually a $70/night hotel. Hotels in the good areas of Ft. Lauderdale are not much cheaper. 

So you'll need to get creative with where you want to stay or what type of property. On hotels.com I saw some apartment type properties for good rates in Miami Beach and Brickell. 

Edited by Flymia