Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Merion_Mom

Meet & Mingle sign-ups deleted AGAIN

Recommended Posts

Go check for your cruise, but it looks like ALL of the signups for M&M's have been deleted.  You will have to register again.  😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think RCI is trying to delete anything they have to do with them. Private meet ups through roll calls or other means will soon be the answer , in my opinion. Cheers, Buzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep! Ours is gone today as well... sent an email & it bounced back😳😳😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Go check for your cruise, but it looks like ALL of the signups for M&M's have been deleted.  You will have to register again.  😡

 

This is starting to get really old. 😡

 

We went through multiple instances of this on our Symphony cruise this past spring. I had to re-register several times. A lot of people missed the M & M because they thought they were registered, but never got an invite, so didn’t know when or where the M & M would be held. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been getting this error since I booked my upcoming Freedom cruise a few weeks back.  At first it told me 64 were signed up, 2 or 3 days ago it was down to 16 and now it doesn't work at all.  Disappointing.  

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 7.36.39 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I think RCI is trying to delete anything they have to do with them. Private meet ups through roll calls or other means will soon be the answer , in my opinion. Cheers, Buzz.

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cannot even get to the registration page now - either get Internal Server error or it just redirects me to a booking page.

 

Guess the M&M Fairy is joining her sister the Upgrade Fairy on the trash heap...!

 

 

What’s the obsession with Meet and Mingle?

It used to be the only way to meet those you had been chatting with for months, sometimes years before the cruise; to hook up with those who you had arranged tours with.... unfortunately other sites have taken over. Personally I do not like those as they are too personal. They can see my pic and people seem to be more abrupt/curt over there.

 

 

Edited by little britain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What’s the obsession with Meet and Mingle?

 

I see no evidence of obsession.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Agreed.

As a host of this forum, why would you agree with something that they don't control?  It's mind boggling.  The site is owned by Trip Advisor, so there seems to be an issue with them, not RCI.

 

I have no problem seeing any of the Meet & Mingles under the ships name.

Edited by Plum Happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

As a host of this forum, why would you agree with something that they don't control?  It's mind boggling.  The site is owned by Trip Advisor, so there seems to be an issue with them, not RCI.

 

Meet & Mingle signup is handled by RC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they be given the right to this?  As I stated, those meet and mingle under the ships are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

As a host of this forum, why would you agree with something that they don't control?  It's mind boggling.  The site is owned by Trip Advisor, so there seems to be an issue with them, not RCI.

 

I have no problem seeing any of the Meet & Mingles under the ships name.

RCI  hosts the meeting and supplies the prizes (such as they are) for the drawings.  I agree that RC is losing enthusiasm  for the M&M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you click on View More below, it takes you to the roll call.  Thank you Bee Guy.

Edited by Plum Happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many of us agree with Bob that RCI seems to be losing interest in hosting the M and M, I don't know why you think as a host that he should not say this.

 

I just checked our next cruise and sure enough all the sign ups have been deleted. You have to put in the individual cruise details to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

Yep! Ours is gone today as well... sent an email & it bounced back😳😳😳

 

Someone in our roll call discovered this yesterday for our cruise.  I tried to send an email too.   Also, went to register again, after someone else had signed up, and the website said that NO ONE had signed up yet.  So, not only did they delete all the signups, but when you sign up, it confirms but doesn't 'keep' your registration.  At least, that's what it looks like for our next cruise in a few weeks.  

 

Of course, we still can't get to the link for confirmed roll calls.  That goes to an error page.

 

Looks like the Meet & Mingle is dead, RCI is just not confirming it.  Hate to see this.  For us, it wasn't about the prizes so much as meeting the people we've chatted with for months.  Some don't feel comfortable going to a meet-up scheduled by a stranger, but will go to the official event RCI has planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

 

Someone in our roll call discovered this yesterday for our cruise.  I tried to send an email too.   Also, went to register again, after someone else had signed up, and the website said that NO ONE had signed up yet.  So, not only did they delete all the signups, but when you sign up, it confirms but doesn't 'keep' your registration.  At least, that's what it looks like for our next cruise in a few weeks.  

 

Of course, we still can't get to the link for confirmed roll calls.  That goes to an error page.

 

Looks like the Meet & Mingle is dead, RCI is just not confirming it.  Hate to see this.  For us, it wasn't about the prizes so much as meeting the people we've chatted with for months.  Some don't feel comfortable going to a meet-up scheduled by a stranger, but will go to the official event RCI has planned.

Did you scroll down to see the box with View More?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Did you scroll down to see the box with View More?

 

If you are talking about the Search for Meet & Mingle on the Royal Caribbean site, I did. ☺️ Shortly after someone signed up, it stated that no one had.  I'm not talking about the roll calls here, but the actual event that RCI plans.

 

I figured I would try it again today to see if it needed a while to update that the one couple had signed up.  We had over 150 people signed up before.   At this point, many will not bother to sign up again.   

Edited by barbeyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Did you scroll down to see the box with View More?

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but when  I go to the registration page and at lower section of the page search for my next cruise it shows only 2 have registered.  That would be myself and my wife as I just re-registered this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went and registered.  It now shows the other couple that registered yesterday.  Hopefully we will get at least 25 shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Did you scroll down to see the box with View More?

There are 2 entirely separate things.  There is the roll call which you are seeing and there is the meet n mingle for which there is a link here to sign up but is managed by Royal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

 

If you are talking about the Search for Meet & Mingle on the Royal Caribbean site, I did. ☺️ Shortly after someone signed up, it stated that no one had.  I'm not talking about the roll calls here, but the actual event that RCI plans.

 

I figured I would try it again today to see if it needed a while to update that the one couple had signed up.  We had over 150 people signed up before.   At this point, many will not bother to sign up again.   

Once you select the Ship and Date and click it open, you need to scroll down a bit to see the box View More.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Are we talking about the same thing? You seem to be talking about the roll calls on this site,we are talking about the meet n mingle that you register at this link

 

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

No, I am talking about on the CC board, I was not familiar with that site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plum Happy said:

No, I am talking about on the CC board, I was not familiar with that site.

 

That site is what all of us have been talking about.  ☺️

 

On Cruise Critic, it's the Roll Calls.  On RCI's website, there is an event called the Meet & Mingle that you can register for.  In the past, they have provided a private event onboard.  That is what is messed up, the RCI event registration at the RCI website. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...