Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE

Hello! I'm a crew member!

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

Yes, we can keep these type of gifts. Most of the time, I get candy from guests.

Good to know for those of us sailing your ship.

 

Not me, as i am sailing Explorer next.  What show do they do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atush said:

Good to know for those of us sailing your ship.

 

Not me, as i am sailing Explorer next.  What show do they do?

 

Explorer shows:  Flash Forward, Invitation to Dance, Wild Cool and Swingin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

It has already started. Yes, that is the itinerary.

Chris, are all of the four night  cruises going to Coco Cay twice now I currently have a four nighter on Mariner in December and the itinerary is CC, Nassau, Sea Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, Artemus said:

Chris, are all of the four night  cruises going to Coco Cay twice now I currently have a four nighter on Mariner in December and the itinerary is CC, Nassau, Sea Day.

 

I'm not sure what the confirmed itinerary is yet for December. This cruise was the first time experiencing Coco Cay twice.

 

I personally like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

I'm not sure what the confirmed itinerary is yet for December. This cruise was the first time experiencing Coco Cay twice.

 

I personally like it.

 

🤔Wouldn't the casino be open more on a sea day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably casino would be open more on a sea day.  But they can open anytime they want on Coco Cay days.  I have been on ships where they have opened at 12 and others where they have opened at 3 on Coco Cay days.  This is for the tables.  I believe the slots were opened earlier.  A manager told me they will open as long as there are enough people who come to gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

I'm not sure what the confirmed itinerary is yet for December. This cruise was the first time experiencing Coco Cay twice.

 

I personally like it.

 

 We have a two stop Coco Cay on a mid December four night cruise  as well as one in late January. 

 

 We were notified of the changes ( we originally booked the two cruises with the itinerary that has one day at sea). sometime in early September.  The Royal Caribbean website has the correct itineraries posted.  

 

 

 

M

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

🤔Wouldn't the casino be open more on a sea day?

 

Yes, we would normally be open all day on the sea day.

 

I believe Casino Royale are actually contacting players to get their thoughts and opinions on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 

 We have a two stop Coco Cay on a mid December four night cruise  as well as one in late January. 

 

 We were notified of the changes ( we originally booked the two cruises with the itinerary that has one day at sea). sometime in early September.  The Royal Caribbean website has the correct itineraries posted.  

 

 

 

M

 

 

 

 

 

How do you feel about visiting Coco Cay twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

How do you feel about visiting Coco Cay twice?

 Not too happy as I usually like a sea day with lunch in the main dining room, little bit of Casino play and whatever else I decide to do. It is silly that people say stay on the ship and make it a sea day as nothing will be opened.  On the other hand when we go off the ship we usually go to the beach, so this saves us transportation and beach club costs.

 

However, both the December and January  Cruises are part of back to back‘s which means THREE stops at Coco Cay in one week!  We’ve been to the “ new “ coco day a few times already.   

 

 I’ll let you know  how I like the change  when I see you in December and if I remember correctly, with sour patch kids

 

m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

Yes, we would normally be open all day on the sea day.

 

I believe Casino Royale are actually contacting players to get their thoughts and opinions on this.

I  was contacted with an option to change a date to the traditional itinerary. The dates did not work, and my cruises were back to back so I had to stay with what I had booked. 

 

 I wasn’t asked an opinion,  just told if I had not already learned of the itinerary change. We had received an email prior to the phone call about the itinerary change. 

 

 Two days in a row would’ve been much more appealing 

 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris,

We just returned from the Mariner with 2 days at Coco Cay. As we are comped gamblers we missed the sea day casino time but enjoyed the ship and meeting you!

The casino did not open until we had set sail from Coco Cay, around 5:15pm each day. We stayed in Nassau until 9:00pm but the casino opened at 7:00pm. It closed around 3:00am that night.

The compass stated that there was lunch in the dining room on day 2, however we did not go.

I hope that RCI and the Bahamas can agree to allow the casino to open earlier at Coco Cay when the ship is there for 2 days.

Sea you next month Chris!

Edited by oxymoron11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, uvadover said:

 

Love the video, but I'd probably edit out the schlong and balls suntan lotion gag.

I wanted to see the end result 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 Not too happy as I usually like a sea day with lunch in the main dining room, little bit of Casino play and whatever else I decide to do. It is silly that people say stay on the ship and make it a sea day as nothing will be opened.  On the other hand when we go off the ship we usually go to the beach, so this saves us transportation and beach club costs.

 

However, both the December and January  Cruises are part of back to back‘s which means THREE stops at Coco Cay in one week!  We’ve been to the “ new “ coco day a few times already.   

 

 I’ll let you know  how I like the change  when I see you in December and if I remember correctly, with sour patch kids

 

m

About the same as going to Nassau all the time????

 

In my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

About the same as going to Nassau all the time????

 

In my opinion 

I'd rather go to Nassau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, oxymoron11 said:

Hi Chris,

We just returned from the Mariner with 2 days at Coco Cay. As we are comped gamblers we missed the sea day casino time but enjoyed the ship and meeting you!

The casino did not open until we had set sail from Coco Cay, around 5:15pm each day. We stayed in Nassau until 9:00pm but the casino opened at 7:00pm. It closed around 3:00am that night.

The compass stated that there was lunch in the dining room on day 2, however we did not go.

I hope that RCI and the Bahamas can agree to allow the casino to open earlier at Coco Cay when the ship is there for 2 days.

Sea you next month Chris!

 

I believe the casino use to open earlier in Coco Cay, but recently changed it this year to open at 5:15pm

 

I think in Labadee the casino is open all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, kmorg1234 said:

Hi, I’m a Doc as well, and very interested in your experience. Could you please include me on your videos, etc?  So excited for you, and hope all goes well.  Akatemorgan  at  yahoo.  Thanks so much!  And wishing you the best experience ever during your adventure.  

Just saw this...email me at prehospitalmd@gmail.com and I will send you a link to my hubby's facebook page where I have a series of "porthole musings" about life as a doc at sea and the awesome folks I met. 

Edited by amygutman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...