Special Occasions On Celebrity

m8zenblue

I was curious to know what, if anything, Celebrity will do for you if you are celebrating a special occasion, like anniversary or birthday.

A couple years ago we were presented a cake, champagne and roses, for our anniversary, but, it was from our TA.

So, if you inform Celebrity that you will be celebrating a special occasion will they do something special for you ?

Edited by m8zenblue
typo

When my daughter & I were on the Eclipse in March, I mentioned to our waiter the day before her birthday (29th), that her birthday was the next day.  I figured they’d have a small slice of cake or ice cream with a candle, but they had a nice small cake for her!  It was very sweet considering there were a lot of people celebrating birthdays & Anniversaries!

People here have described not receiving any recognition despite noting special occasions on their reservations and others have received a cake and best wishes. For our anniversary, my DH went to the maitre 'd and asked about having a quiet table and a special wine the night before - I was pleasantly surprised with a window table, special wine, a lovely cake and best wishes by all. If someone wants to have them do something special, one might consider being proactive. 🙂

• Like 1

Basically many passengers are celebrating something.  That is one of the reasons they are cruising 

Seriously do you need a cheap basic cake?   There are too many other nice deserts to choose from.

We always sail during our anniversary,  birth days, and etc.   We never tell anyone and smile as we see others basking in the attention of the employees singing to them.   We don’t need Chuck E Cheese’s to enjoy our special occasion and don’t expect it.  

We feel everyone has paid to cruise so why should any one get something extra or treated special because they are celebrating something?

That is us and every one has their own expectations.   We don’t expect anything and therefore are never disappointed or feel slighted.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

We are the sort of people that don't like being made a fuss of so don't tell cruise lines when we are going to be on board during a celebration. But you cannot hide your birthday from cruise lines!! Although not requested by us, on the day of my husband's 70th birthday a lovely cheese and fruit plate was left in our cabin, along with a complimentary bottle of wine. Then later that evening when ordering a drink in a bar the bar tender noticed the DOB when swiping the sea pass and disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a slice of cheese cake from a specialty restaurant! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

I was curious to know what, if anything, Celebrity will do for you if you are celebrating a special occasion, like anniversary or birthday.

A couple years ago we were presented a cake, champagne and roses, for our anniversary, but, it was from our TA.

So, if you inform Celebrity that you will be celebrating a special occasion will they do something special for you ?

Our experience has been much the same as others if dining in the MDR, a cake and a song! You do need to let your waiter know the day before and remind them as you go into dinner on the day.

We tend to enjoy special occasions in Murano’s....The tableside preparations do make it more of an occasion. If you would like to enjoy a bottle of decent champagne without paying the ridiculous prices on board remember you can take 2 bottles on board and just pay corkage in the restaurant ($20?) or ask your room attendant to put it on ice for you to enjoy in your room.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, miched said:

Basically many passengers are celebrating something.  That is one of the reasons they are cruising 

Seriously do you need a cheap basic cake?   There are too many other nice deserts to choose from.

We always sail during our anniversary,  birth days, and etc.   We never tell anyone and smile as we see others basking in the attention of the employees singing to them.   We don’t need Chuck E Cheese’s to enjoy our special occasion and don’t expect it.  

We feel everyone has paid to cruise so why should any one get something extra or treated special because they are celebrating something?

That is us and every one has their own expectations.   We don’t expect anything and therefore are never disappointed or feel slighted.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

miched, I never, ever stated that I EXPECTED anything at all, just curious as to IF they did anything special.

You are from Michigan, lol.

23 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Last Summer, we were celebrating an anniversary while on a cruise.  Celebrity must have read this in our booking.  Upon arrival in our room, we had a nice bottle of white wine waiting for us with a note card from Celebrity.  It was a nice gesture.  

What you receive for a special occasion may depend on the relationships you have with Senior Officers. I was on one cruise where there were several Zeniths, including me who were celebrating birthdays. The Captain invited each of us to the Bridge where we were met by the HD and CD and were presented with a lovely cake. My DW was given a ship model from the HD for her birthday. On our 50th anniversary were were treated beyond special. I will be on a cruise for my birthday in a few weeks and will not say anything. As said the usual celebration is a small cake served at dinner and a song by waiter choir. Anything beyond usually requires the purchase of a celebration package.

Have been aboard for a number of my Birthdays and some anniversaries... I prefer latting X bake my cake rather than do it myself😊

Always get a cake and song but often have received a card and wine or champagne delivered to our cabin  

I love being spoiled!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

miched, I never, ever stated that I EXPECTED anything at all, just curious as to IF they did anything special.

4 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Then you are interested  in getting something  because you asked or  are curious and don’t want to miss out if they do.   Can appreciate your intentions as you paid for a cruise and want to get the most out of it and if they give why not take?   

We don’t want or expect anything and that is why we never mention it to anyone.   We like to celebrate by ourselves and others like the attention.  

The whole intent is for everyone to have a great time, make them feel special and want to cruise again,  but I don’t feel anyone should get extra special privileges just because they are celebrating something.  Everyone paid the price to cruise for the category they chose and should have the same service or attention.  

Yes I am in  Michigan. I was born here, and I am still here and love it.  .   

Go Green 👍

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just now, miched said:

Then you are interested  in getting something  because you asked or  are curious and may not want to miss out if they do.   Can appreciate your intentions as you paid for a cruise and want to get the most out of it and if they give why not take?   

We don’t want or expect anything and that is why we never mention it to anyone.   We like to celebrate by ourselves and others like the attention.  

The whole intent is for everyone to have a great time, make them feel special and want to cruise again,  but I don’t feel anyone should get extra special privileges just because they are celebrating something.  Everyone paid the price to cruise for the category they chose and should have the same service or attention.  

Yes I am in  Michigan. I was born here, and I am still here and love it.  .   

Go Green 👍

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There is no right answer to this question.  Sometimes you will automatically get wine or a cake, sometimes, you have to ask for it.  I have started taking my own decorations in my suitcase...all from the dollar store.  I use my handy magnets to hang them on the walls and door.  If I do put something on the outside of the door, it has been fun having people wish us "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" as they walk by.  Sometimes, we walk with them and offer to buy them a drink as a thanks for their good wishes...a fun way to meet new people.  Our cabin stewards have left us little gifts, or done something special to the room to add to the celebration.  The waitstaff usually will have a cake, and I ask them not to sing, sometimes they smile and look relieved, other times, they look disappointed.  You might also get a card from the CD or other official of Celebrity.  

Also to M8ZENBLUE:  My daughter (who graduated from U-M) just got a golden retriever puppy and named her MaizeyBlue...she lives in Seattle, so no one around there understands the significance.  Just thought I would tell you based on your clever spelling.  GO BLUE!