Constellation Cabin Changes after Revolution??

Georgia_Peaches

I've just paged through a very long thread regarding the revolutionized Millennium but haven't been able to come away with any definitive answers regarding changes to the S1's next to the PH suites.  Currently, I have a hold on cabin 6145 on Constellation which is an adjoining room to the PH on deck 6.  Video and reviews depict this room as larger than the typical S1 room with other enhancements like wood paneling, larger bathroom, and larger balcony.  However, all the video I've found was taken prior to the revolution.  My sail date on Constellation is set for after the revolution.  I'm wondering if anyone who has stayed in this room on Millennium can speak to how this room has changed as a result of the revolutionizing as I'm guessing similar changes will occur on Constellation.

Thank you!

I haven’t been in 6145 or 46 but did get a tour of the PH and since they are connecting the decor would be similar.  The dark paneling is gone the PH was much lighter.  

I see you have been on the Edge,  the revolutionized cabins and suites have a very similar look (cabinets, carpet, bedding) as those on the Edge.  And of course the coral piece and pillows, pillows & pillows. 

Hopefully someone will have pictures to share. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I haven’t been in 6145 or 46 but did get a tour of the PH and since they are connecting the decor would be similar.  The dark paneling is gone the PH was much lighter.  

I see you have been on the Edge,  the revolutionized cabins and suites have a very similar look (cabinets, carpet, bedding) as those on the Edge.  And of course the coral piece and pillows, pillows & pillows. 

Hopefully someone will have pictures to share. 

Thank you for the information. I was afraid of that. I was really enamored with the dark paneling. Something about it just feels like traditional cruising from days gone by. Hoping someone will share some pictures.  

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've just paged through a very long thread regarding the revolutionized Millennium but haven't been able to come away with any definitive answers regarding changes to the S1's next to the PH suites.  Currently, I have a hold on cabin 6145 on Constellation which is an adjoining room to the PH on deck 6.  Video and reviews depict this room as larger than the typical S1 room with other enhancements like wood paneling, larger bathroom, and larger balcony.  However, all the video I've found was taken prior to the revolution.  My sail date on Constellation is set for after the revolution.  I'm wondering if anyone who has stayed in this room on Millennium can speak to how this room has changed as a result of the revolutionizing as I'm guessing similar changes will occur on Constellation.

Thank you!

It would be especially nice to know if they have replaced that single door to the balcony, or added some windows in the outer wall.

A major drawback to 6145 and 6146 is having only the single balcony door, which noticeably reduces the view from the room and provides less natural light from outside than usual.

While the large bathroom is nice, we spend far more time in the living/bedroom than in the bathroom, so the view looking out from inside is important to us.

Just read the full review posted (above) on the Summit redo. Not very impressive IMO. Definitely rethinking cabin 6145...rethinking the revolution altogether. It’s a lot of money to spend on something (vacation) that could be a letdown. I think if I was new to Celebrity and didn’t know any different it might be better. 

17 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just read the full review posted (above) on the Summit redo. Not very impressive IMO. Definitely rethinking cabin 6145...rethinking the revolution altogether. It’s a lot of money to spend on something (vacation) that could be a letdown. I think if I was new to Celebrity and didn’t know any different it might be better. 

We opted to forego a suite  both on the redone Summit and the post revolutionized Connie for 2021 and opted for an aft facing Aqua.  Huge balcony, great views, Blu and much less $.  We are not pool people so the Retreat with minimal shade isn’t a factor.  Now if we could afford the PH that’s a whole different thing.

1 hour ago, varoo said:

It would be especially nice to know if they have replaced that single door to the balcony, or added some windows in the outer wall.

A major drawback to 6145 and 6146 is having only the single balcony door, which noticeably reduces the view from the room and provides less natural light from outside than usual.

While the large bathroom is nice, we spend far more time in the living/bedroom than in the bathroom, so the view looking out from inside is important to us.

We looked at that cabin and decided not to choose it because the only light is the door.  

We like to lay 8n bed and be able to look out at day break and not be in a cabin. That is like a inside.  Plus it is considered a SS1 and it cost more.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

We have stayed in this cabin pre Revolution and enjoyed it very much.  The room didn't seem dark even with the dark paneling.  Now with the lighter decor it should be better.  Would I like the sliding door better than the single door? of course.  I think there is zero percent chance that this will be changed in the refit.

Having been on the Summit after the refit in a AQ room I have to say that the changes look much better in person than they do in the photos.  Overall the ship looks very nice.

We booked within hours of when the itinerary opened up and got this suite for about $200 pp more than we paid for the 11 Night Reflection in a 1A with 2 perks later in the month, so we switched sailings.  We are very happy.

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

how much time (awake) do you spend in your cabin?  seems weird to cancel a cruise because of the decor of a cabin.  

8 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

how much time (awake) do you spend in your cabin?  seems weird to cancel a cruise because of the decor of a cabin.  

Completely agree.  It's not about the decor at all.  For me, it's about the functionality of the space in the 11 days that I'm going to be living in it.  I like and enjoy relaxing in comfort on my balcony.  By all reports, that will be a challenge unless I request furniture to be brought in from some obscure, storage room of more practical furniture located somewhere on the ship.  Additionally, I like to unpack and store my clothes.  Drawer space appears to be limited...not a deal breaker, but I'm not fond of the idea of having to keep all of my non-hanging clothes in a single drawer in order to make sure DH has a place for his things.  Lighting seems to be an issue both in natural light (at least in the cabin I've reserved) and bed-side.  How about in-suite dining?  Doesn't seem very practical given the table size/height...IDK, I'm just trying to justify the cost of this category against the number of factors that have been removed/replaced by things I think I will enjoy less than what was in place prior to the revolution.  And I do think that it is prudent to research what I'm getting into, in this case spending my money on, before actually forking over the money.  And that pains me because Celebrity is my go-to for cruising and the changes just don't excite me.  I want to like it...I really do.  So I will keep looking at pictures and reading reviews to get more perspective.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Having been on the Summit after the refit in a AQ room I have to say that the changes look much better in person than they do in the photos.  Overall the ship looks very nice.

Thank you for saying this.  You are right in that it is important to remember that pictures often don't do a space the justice it deserves.

We were in 6145 on the Millennium in May.    Here's the things we didn't love about the room:

• Regular door verses full sliding door 
  • The bathroom door that we had to shove a towel under to keep it from banging against the wall.  After a day or two the steward found something to keep it closed. 
  •  The couch on the balcony was not the most comfortable.  They did bring us a lounger but there was not one on the balcony. 
  • No table in the room
  • Not the best lighting bedside

All that said, I loved the room and the extra large bathroom!  I'm happy to answer any questions.

15 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

We were in 6145 on the Millennium in May.    Here's the things we didn't love about the room:

• Regular door verses full sliding door 
  • The bathroom door that we had to shove a towel under to keep it from banging against the wall.  After a day or two the steward found something to keep it closed. 
  •  The couch on the balcony was not the most comfortable.  They did bring us a lounger but there was not one on the balcony. 
  • No table in the room
  • Not the best lighting bedside

All that said, I loved the room and the extra large bathroom!  I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thank you for this information.  Was there a table on the balcony that you could use for breakfast?

Ah, yes!  A lot of people in threads I read before we sailed mentioned the lack of shade.  We were on an Alaskan cruise, so sun was welcomed.  Also, other spots lacking in shade are the bar on the back of deck 10, those canopy's have been removed and the Retreat doesn't really have any shade either.  I'm hoping they make some adjustments to the lack of shade on the Retreat Deck based on comments.  We're on the Connie in a suite for a warm weather cruise in 2021.  🙂